Change the imageboard format to a forum format

Posted by gryphraff 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Change the imageboard format to a forum format
June 17, 2014 07:06PM
I'm looking at using a piratebox as a forum/message board for a small convention. The imageboard is nice, but it would be easier for attendees to see announcements and messages on a more traditional threaded forum.

I've notice that there are mode_image and a mode_message folders in the kareha zip. I've tried messing with moving the mode_message material out into the board folder, but only succeeded in messing things up and starting over.

Is there a moderately easy way to change from imageboard to messageboard formats? Or even install both?
Re: Change the imageboard format to a forum format
June 17, 2014 09:50PM
good question.
Maybe the python forum can help.

run the following commands to exchange the imageboard:

/opt/piratebox/bin/install_piratebox.sh /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf pyForum
After that pointing the browser to
Language: PHP
http://piratebox.lan/cgi-bin/forest.py
should open up the forum.

Then you have to adjust the board link in the header line and in every HEADER.txt in the share folder (there is a script, which can be used for distribution of the file easily)

Matthias

This is only my signature.
Re: Change the imageboard format to a forum format
November 03, 2014 03:01AM
Is there a step that needs to happen before running the two commands listed here? I have run them, and pointing my browser at the link you provided just redirects me to the landing page. Is there some other way to verify that the python forums have been installed?