New to PirateBox

Posted by tom_s 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
New to PirateBox
June 28, 2014 10:21PM
Today I was able to get my PirateBox on a "TP-Link MR3040" to network wirelessly. I have a few questions:

1. Can I connect via ethernet and move multiple files at once? I don't think FTP is enabled so I don't now how this would work.

2. Since I am using a MR3040 do i need a modem card from ATT or another provider to connect the Pirate Box to the internet? If I plug it into my home network using the ethernet cable it didn't seem to have internet connectivity.

3. When I am connected to the PirateBox via its web interface the link to Forums opens "index of /board/ " did I miss a setup step?

4. I plan on using this device at parties as a music server. Is that possible? (Stream mp3s or something)

Thanks to you all for making this a community effort.
Re: New to PirateBox
June 29, 2014 01:36AM
1. I am using WinSCP to tranfer multiple files
4. Yes you can because it is mini dlna pre installed already.
You just need to activated once using putty
June 29, 2014 04:21AM
Thanks Johan

I got 3. solved I missed a command, now forums works properly

I tired Filezilla but it would not connect, I will try WinSCP.

About 4. I don't understand how the streaming will work.

... Tom
June 29, 2014 06:45AM
When I try to sftp to my Piratebox it fails , is there a setting that needs to be changed to allow ftp or sftp?

..tom
June 29, 2014 09:22AM
choose file protocol SCP
June 29, 2014 09:25AM
see [piratebox.cc] in post installation how to enable streaming. If you use android you could install mediahouse to stream from your phone
June 29, 2014 09:45AM

1. Can I connect via ethernet and move multiple files at once? I don't think FTP is enabled so I don't now how this would work.
FTP is not available/installed on the PirateBox. WinSCP should work, you need to setup a password use the username "root".

2. Since I am using a MR3040 do i need a modem card from ATT or another provider to connect the Pirate Box to the internet? If I plug it into my home network using the ethernet cable it didn't seem to have internet connectivity.
You can connect to box via ethernet-cable to your network at home or so. There is a small howto in how to enable internet on the Box upon eth0 (ethernet port). [forum.piratebox.cc] (I need to write a well howto for this upon I have time

Matthias