Kareha problems after changing config.pl (Re: VI text editor)

Posted by GeneralStrike 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
I've tried to do the VI step, and I think I've edited the ADMIN_NAME 'Changeme' and the SECRET 'Changeme'. However when I try the next step I get an error message:

Software error:

config.pl did not return a true value at /opt/piratebox/www/board/kareha.pl line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/piratebox/www/board/kareha.pl line 12.

When I re enter vi /opt/piratebox/www/board/kareha.pl I get completely different code to before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2014 07:27PM by Matthias.
Re: Kareha problems after changing config.pl (Re: VI text editor)
July 01, 2014 07:28PM
Please double check the changes you made. The problem you describe above can happen, if you lost a hyphen (
like ' " ) during edit. Then script will fail.
If the hyphens are ok, remove non-latin unicode characters from the config.

Matthias

This is only my signature.
That sounds quite likely, although I don't think I've lost the brackets on the two 'changeme' sections; I may have to start from scratch to make sure I get rid of any unintentional deletions to the code.
Re: Kareha problems after changing config.pl (Re: VI text editor)
July 07, 2014 03:44PM
Well, because I prepared the config.pl for the use on PirateBox, you can find a fresh copy of config.pl in /opt/piratebox/src/ (named kareha_img_config.pl )

There you can copy it back to the boards folder and retry.

regards
Matthias