TP-Link MR3040 SSH password

Posted by kizer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
TP-Link MR3040 SSH password
July 15, 2014 04:34PM
Installed V1 yesterday and followed the directions. When it came to the SSH password I used something I particularly use often so I wouldn't forget. I then proceeded to turn off the device and later on decided I was going to install the DNLA server and when I logged in it asked for my ssh password which I provided. Sure enough it said it was wrong. I looked around to find safe mode and finally got in and ran passwd to make sure re-establish my new password which was the same as before.

Ok, toyed around in command line and then shut off the device turned it back on and attempted again for the 3rd time to use SSH. Guess what. "Incorrect Password"

So I'm totally confused to why I've set it twice and it says its wrong again. Its like its forgetting what I use.

I can still use the device as a piratebox, but I wanted to use it as a DNLA server for my two boys iDevices. Makes the longer trips on the road a bit more enjoyable.
Re: TP-Link MR3040 SSH password
July 15, 2014 04:45PM
Ok, I'm a moron. I just figured out my problem. I was logging in from my Mac and of course I was using Terminal and it was passing the logged in user "who happened to be CJ" on my Mac and so when the prompt came up it wanted to know CJ's login.