Question from complete n00b re: disabling "share" button

Posted by mike_p_2000 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Question from complete n00b re: disabling "share" button
July 26, 2014 01:28AM
Hey there! I'm a comPLETE n00b at all of this, so I'll need extremely basic directions if you know how. I just set up my first PirateBox on the MR3020, running Windows7. Is there any way to disable (temporarily or permanently) the "Upload" button on the main page? If so, how would I go about doing that? I've seen forum notes about modifying the droopy code, but I have no idea what that means. Thanks for any help!

-Mike
Re: Question from complete n00b re: disabling "share" button
July 28, 2014 07:47PM
Hi,
login to your box and do

sed 's|DROOPY_ENABLED="yes"|DROOPY_ENABLED="no"' -i /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf
/etc/init.d/piratebox reboot
That disables the startup of the upload daemon. Then...
cp /opt/piratebox/www/index.html/opt/piratebox/www/index.html.backup
vi  /opt/piratebox/www/index.html
Find and remove the iframe with the url to [piratebox.lan]

Matthias

This is only my signature.
August 22, 2014 08:23PM
Sorry, one more question with this. So I got to the point where I can see the iframe line. What now? If I hit the delete to delete the line, it works, but it doesn't seem to save the change. What basic thing am I missing? Thanks!
August 23, 2014 06:27AM
Well, of course you have to remove the line and save the file...

[www.atmos.albany.edu] - vi cheat sheet

This is only my signature.
August 25, 2014 02:48AM
Cool - that worked!

I couldn't find anything at all to how to save changes, up until that Cheat Sheet. Thanks!