Auto Redirect/ Auto stream

Posted by Lws803 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Auto Redirect/ Auto stream
August 01, 2014 02:13PM
HI, I'm trying to make the Pirate box automatically redirect connected users to a certain video file stored in the share folder just like how it redirects users to the main page when connected using a computer. Is there a way to do so? What's responsible for the redirect script?

Also, is it possible for piratebox to open up automatically just like how a captive portal would when an iphone connects to a public network? Currently, it isn't set to open automatically and I'm afraid some users might have a misunderstanding of the network as a free hotspot with internet connection.

Thanks! grinning smiley
Re: Auto Redirect/ Auto stream
August 04, 2014 05:27PM

Is there a way to do so? What's responsible for the redirect script?
/opt/piratebox/www/index.html should be renamed to "main.html"
/opt/piratebox/www/redirect.html does the redirect to the page included in the html

both can be edited, after you locked into the PirateBox and then you can edit it with "vi"

Also, is it possible for piratebox to open up automatically just like how a captive portal would when an iphone connects to a public network? Currently, it isn't set to open automatically and I'm afraid some users might have a misunderstanding of the network as a free hotspot with internet connection.
No, there is no installed captive portal like in hotels. It is more complex and the common usecase is less.
The popup only appears on iOS devices, nonelse has something like that...

We fake the internet availability for iOS devices, that you have a full working browser.

Matthias

This is only my signature.
Re: Auto Redirect/ Auto stream
November 07, 2014 04:10PM
I'm trying to do a similar thing. lws803 did you have any luck?

I would really like to have a splash page/captive portal. Is it not possible to install something like nodogsplash and utilise the captive portal part? I don't know - i'm new to all of this.
[wiki.openwrt.org]

alternatively, as you suggest matthias, how do you rename /opt/piratebox/www/index.html ?
I'm familiar with editing the file through vi, but not how to rename the actual file.

So far I have edited the front page to include a link to the video I would like to show, but like lws803 I would like it to pop up. Is there any way to do this? Thanks so much for your help - I have already learned a lot by going through the other forums.