Just a few questions, A newb looking for guidance.

Posted by Harbinger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Just a few questions, A newb looking for guidance.
August 14, 2014 04:35AM
So, ive always been a lover of everything technology and have recently begun to play around with hardware, but im still very much a virgin when it comes to software. Lines of code aren't my thing, Putting things together with my hands IS. So i still decided that i wanted to try and make a pirate box and purchased the relevant materials. A few days later, Viola! i have a working Piratebox 1.0 made from a tp-link 3040 (i like it because it can run on battery) and a 32 gig sandisk flashdrive.

So... i go through the processes set on the "how to" page (thank you for that, its all up and working) but now ive got the itch. And i want to modify. but i literally know NOTHING about openWRT and linux.

I looked up the openWRT wiki (no help) and figured id come back here for a few tips.

Is there a mod to add more "add a file" buttons so people can add more than one file at a time without having to open up multiple windows?

thirdly, I want to be able to moderate my Forum and chat, i saw a walkthrough on setting up the chat so i show up as "mod" but is there a way to do that on the forum

Im sure you guys are all rolling your eyes at my issues, but i assure you, you have piqued my interest in working with software and i continue to learn more and more as days go by. I appreciate any and all help and replies.

EDIT: i figured out how to edit the files, changed a few things, set up the mod in the chatroom, now just working on the forum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2014 06:08AM by Harbinger.
Re: Just a few questions, A newb looking for guidance.
August 14, 2014 04:40AM
(so i just wanted to share this)
Went to the irc channel to see if anyone could help with some of my questions, and a very nice user suggested i post here (hence the post asking for help) i looked at his username "MaStr" and thought ... thats interesting i wonder who that is...
Turns out It was Matthias - how awesome is that. Thanks for being helpful man, you rock.
August 14, 2014 11:05AM
Hey.
I'm not too great at explaining things but I hope you'll be able to understand all of this.
I checked the config file for the forum and there is a way to add a capcode to your name when posting.
On this line:
#use constant CAPPED_TRIPS => ('!!example1'=>' capcode','!!example2'=>' <em>cap</em>');
Change the '!!example1' to the output of a tripcode password of your choice.
To generate the output of your tripcode password use this. [hotaru.thinkindifferent.net]
Then change the capcode to whatever you want.

I'm using the tripcode password hR6k in this example. In this case the output for hR6k is WAHa.06x36.
So we change the !!example1 to !WAHa.06x36

use constant CAPPED_TRIPS => ('!WAHa.06x36'=>' Admin','!!example2'=>' <em>cap</em>');

When you post using 'YourName#hR6k' it will be shown as 'YourName Admin'.

Pro tip: You can omit the name before the # entirely and post only using the capcode.
August 14, 2014 03:23PM
Hi,
about this question

Is there a mod to add more "add a file" buttons so people can add more than one file at a time without having to open up multiple windows?

You can edit /opt/piratebox/www.index.html using vi
vi /opt/piratebox/www.index.html
and add multiple copies of the iframe. .. That is the only option I can think of.

Matthias

This is only my signature.
August 14, 2014 03:28PM
Got The Admin working, and that took care of the Upload button! Awesome! Thanks for the help Guys.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2014 03:42PM by Harbinger.