a bit of urgent help - please?

Posted by lostsys 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
a bit of urgent help - please?
September 19, 2014 02:48PM
Hi,

Managed to get myself into another muddle installing piratebox v 1 this time.. (still on tp-link tl-wr703n..)

Was wondering if I can Pay someone for an online help? I don't have much, perhaps 10 euros an hour.. (hopefully should not take too many hours..)
Also, it occured that perhaps if such a session might be recorded, it could assist others..
(eg: [furtherfield.org] we tried in the workshop a while back and run into a fair few walls..)

I really need to have a box working by tuesday morning.. If someone has time over the weekend or monday.. Be fab!

Cheers and all the best!

xx

p.s.
I know offering money might be controversial.. However the offer is because of the sudden time constraints.
Re: a bit of urgent help - please?
September 20, 2014 10:17AM
Hey,
What timezone you are in?
What is your home network IP Range?
Where are you stuck? What problems do you have?
Did you encounter the problems installing PHP or what? Or is it a basic problem?

Let me know
Matthias
September 20, 2014 10:45AM
Hi Mattias,

Thanks for the reply.

> What timezone you are in?

am on british summer time - but am on a very flexible personal time smiling smiley

> What is your home network IP Range?

its 192.168.1.x

> Where are you stuck? What problems do you have?

It seems like I manage to install openWRT - but then fail to install:
web gui
piratebox
mounting the usb stick

then, ofcourse, i can not even get into attempting to install php..

I have failed about 10 times now.. and I really need to get this working.. That is why am asking if possible, via skype, mumble, hangouts, what ever, to get through a very basic installation of a pirate box at least.. Will be fab to get into the php level.. howevr, at the moment, will be very happy with installing and getting this running on a very basic level..

Will be happier if this can be recorded so that i and others - see link to the workshop, where we all encountered similar difficulties - could have a reference to come back to..

> Did you encounter the problems installing PHP or
> what? Or is it a basic problem?

Hope this answers the questions..

Cheers and many thanks for looking into this!

aharon
xx

Matthias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey,
> What timezone you are in?
> What is your home network IP Range?
> Where are you stuck? What problems do you have?
> Did you encounter the problems installing PHP or
> what? Or is it a basic problem?
>
> Let me know
> Matthias
September 20, 2014 10:51AM
you HAVE to change your homenetwork from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.y.xx (choose y to something different between 2-250)

With a colliding IP range, you won't be able to receive any online help via screen sharing.

This is only my signature.