Anyone managed to get an original Kindle to download and display .mobi files?

Posted by petertgarner 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Anyone managed to get an original Kindle to download and display .mobi files?
November 06, 2014 01:22PM
As I managed to download quite a few free/public domain eBooks recently (in .mobi format) I tried to download them from my Piratebox to my iPad and was pleased when then iPad offered to open them in the Kindle app.

I then tried the same using an original Kindle which has a browser, and it connected to the Piratebox successfully. However, when I clicked on a .mobi file, it claimed to have downloaded it, but in fact I ended up with a 0-byte file in the Kindle, which of course couldn't be opened.

Has anyone else managed to get a Kindle to download from a Piratebox successfully?
Re: Anyone managed to get an original Kindle to download and display .mobi files?
February 24, 2015 02:25AM
Really interested into this one.
Would be nice to have some kinddle files in order for the people to get some ebooks!
Re: Anyone managed to get an original Kindle to download and display .mobi files?
February 24, 2015 06:04PM
I avoid buying kindle books or if not possible to get it into a different format (epub, epub .. epub!!), I convert it to myself using calibre, I think.
I don't want to register my Reader at Adobe nor I want a Kindle....

ebook sharing works surprisingly well.

regards Matthias