Disk space managment?

Posted by WorBlux 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Disk space managment?
November 21, 2014 03:35AM
Does piratebox include scripts to automatically delete old or unpopular files when the Shared/ directory is full?

If not ...
...1. Does piratebox keep popularity statistics about files at all?
...2. Does anyone know of scripts which can do this sort of management or will I end up having to write my own?
......Would anyone be curious to see my probably ugly attempts if I do?

I've got piratebox scripts 1.01 installed on Debian 7.1 on a old desktop that's been crying out for some attention lately. /opt/piratebox/share links to a 50GB btrfs partition (to take advantage of transpearent compression). The hardest part was figuring out it needed to be chown'ed to nobody:nogroup. I plant on combining it with scripts that will automatically rip CD's and DVD's that are placed in the drive. The reason I'm interested in the automatic file management is that I would like to just leave it sit headless at work for whatever weeks, months or years the hardware has left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2014 03:51AM by WorBlux.
Re: Disk space managment?
November 23, 2014 03:19PM
Hi,
no, we noted such features as "feature requests", but no one has implemented such a feature yet.

Sorry
Matthias