looks like other devices can't get ip addresses

Posted by Mr_izmir 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
looks like other devices can't get ip addresses
November 23, 2014 10:42AM
I have got an external usb wireless adapter.. it was working great for piratebox but i've tried to increase its tx-power recently and now i see piratebox network name when i've searched networks on other devices but can't connect piratebox via other devices(mobile phone, tv, other laptops etc.)

i can connect to internet through the external usb wireless adapter on linux there is no problem. But after changing tx-power, I couldn't connect internet on win7. it was giving me this error: Wireless Network Connection doesn't have Valid IP Configuration. And i applied this commands on cmd in win7 and my problem was solved:
netsh int ip reset a.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh winhttp reset proxy
netsh advfirewall reset
ipconfig /flushdns

i write these beacuse i just think of it might be same problem for piratebox but don't know how i'll do these on linux. (I'm still newbie on linux world)

Meanwhile piratebox works great on the own wireless card of the laptop. But can't connect the external.

btw- the external usb wireless adapter has got this chip: "ID 148f:3070 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070 Wireless Adapter"

How can I supply to connect network of piratebox?

thanks in advance for suggestions..
Re: looks like other devices can't get ip addresses
November 23, 2014 05:51PM
solved via irc helping... Thank you Matthias
Re: looks like other devices can't get ip addresses
November 23, 2014 08:00PM
For all others smiling smiley

This is valid for PirateBox on Laptops, an RaspberryPi, maybe

if you have two wifi cards and you want to enable the 2nd one.. which we now assume is wlan1 instead of wlan0,
then you have to run the following commands to switch the wifi-name

sed -i 's|wlan0|wlan1|g' /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf
sed -i 's|wlan0|wlan1|g' /opt/piratebox/conf/hostapd.conf

And to enable mode-n on the wifi card
 sed -i 's|#ieee80211n|ieee80211n|' /opt/piratebox/conf/hostapd.conf

Matthias