Vi editor question

Posted by tonykid 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Vi editor question
February 03, 2015 01:44AM
this is my second MR3040 i have tried installing piratebox and I was able to get the software to run. I just have an issue with the Vi editor I have enter the "vi /opt/piratebox/www/board/config.pl" command but I'm not sure what part of the lines am i changing and how to properly save my work

Am I changing the ADMIN_PASS phrase or the 'CHANGEME' phrase and do i have to delete the '#' characer on those lines
Re: Vi editor question
February 03, 2015 10:11AM
You have to delete the # in front of the lines of ADMIN_PASS and CHANGEME
In addition, you need to change the ADMIN_PASS and CHANGEME value

regards Matthias
February 03, 2015 02:56PM
do they have to be the same (CHANGEME and ADMIN_PASS) or is one the login name and other is the pass
February 04, 2015 09:16AM
SECRET => internal encryption of some files
ADMIN_PASS => can be entered in a box at the bottom right and is used for deleting posts

can be the same, must not.

This is only my signature.
February 04, 2015 03:50PM
Thanks I was able to figure it out and my forum is up and running. One more thing are there any tutorials to change the homepage looks and SSID I also notice the chat log reset itself every time the device is turned off is there a way to carry over the chat logs during off time or save them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2015 03:51PM by tonykid.
February 04, 2015 07:14PM
hi,
yes there is an option you can switch. Checkout /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf

# Reset Shoutbox on Startup?
RESET_CHAT="yes"
Change it to "no"

regards Matthias

This is only my signature.