Piratebox installation with a TPLink 1043 with Gargoyle

Posted by dcalk 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Piratebox installation with a TPLink 1043 with Gargoyle
May 14, 2015 09:57AM
hey
We are currently working on a customized version of the Piratebox called Ludobox to host a collection of free licensed games (Digital Games Library). Here are some info abt the project : [leschiensdelenfer.org]
We gonna run a Piratebox/Ludobox workshop this sunday in a festival in Athens, the organizers provide us a TPLink 1043 router with Gargoyle firmware already installed, so we have several questions :
- I checked the custom images / hardware list : [piratebox.cc]
found that :
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND 2.0 should work AA 12.09
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND 2.1 should work BB 14.07
Some of you already tried it ?
Is it better to use the first image (with the OpenWrt release AA 12.09) than the second one ?
- if we want to follow the Piratebox tutorial (Auto-install & Post-install) as it has already Gargoyle firmware on it, what would be your recommendations : to remove/reflash the router and start from Post-Install ?
Any advices would be welcome, thanks !
Catherine
Re: Piratebox installation with a TPLink 1043 with Gargoyle
May 19, 2015 04:03PM
I'm sorry for my late answer.

You can use the images from our webpage, they will work as expected. Afaik on Gargoyle the same guy is doing the backports for newer devices.
As far as I know, our packages should work on Gargoyle too, but you loose the major difference: the web ui. .. so stick to our firmware winking smiley

regards Matthias

This is only my signature.