Help with MR3020 Ripe Atlas

Posted by danss 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Help with MR3020 Ripe Atlas
May 16, 2015 09:11PM
First of all Hi! , i'm Dan from Bucharest, RO.
Sorry for opening this new topic here. I will perfectly understand if the admin will move it somewhere else.

Ontopic: I got scammed (i bought it from a forum and the seller doesn't respond to phone anymore) the other day when buying an alleged Tp-Link MR3020 router. . It has the stickers with "Ripe Atlas" all over. Didn't know anything about it at the moment. Went home and discovered that, in fact, it's a kind of probe for that project (Ripe). An MR3020 with an altered firmware turned into a "probe", i presume. This way it lost all the functionality of the genuine MR3020 3G Router.
From what i have found out, this MR3020 (Ripe Atlas) runs a kind of OpenWRT. The same third-party firmware your "MR3020 turned Pirate Box" does.

I came to your forum (and site, ofcourse) by googleing for several hours in search for a solution.

I'm a novice in terms of "telnet", "root", "putty".. From what i understood so far, those are the "things" i will have to work with.. If someone here is willling to teach me, i promise to be a good student.

I've tried to acces my MR3020 using 192.168.0.254, 192.168.1.1, and several other IP's using ethernet cable and with the laptop's wifi disabled. no result so far.

Please take it one step at a time, from the begining.

You will have to excuse my poor language skills.

Thank you so much for even reading all of this.

Dan

ps: my goal is to revert my MR3020 ot it's original (factory) condition and then (why not ?!..) trying some PirateBox experiments (looks quite interesting smiling smiley )

pps: if relevant, on the back there is a Ripe Atlas sticker with a Mac adress..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2015 09:18PM by danss.
Re: Help with MR3020 Ripe Atlas
May 19, 2015 04:07PM
Hi,
you should try to boot the device into failsafe mode, then you should be able to flash piratebox or stock openwrt images.

See those tutorials: get into failsafe mode[/ur], Reflash via failsafe and USB Reflash via failsafe and without usb(in case drivers arent on the installed firmware available)

Maybe you try a admin-recover linux for doing this tasks like grml

This is only my signature.
Hello matthias, I'm so sorru but you method does not work, because I can't go in failsafe mode on ripe Atlas mr3020 (it's locked). Can I do? Thanks!
Re: Help with MR3020 Ripe Atlas
June 05, 2015 08:03PM
try it with serial access... that is my only idea if the failsafe is really locked sad smileyconfused smiley

This is only my signature.