How to easily upgrade the PirateBox Pi

Posted by deavmi 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
How to easily upgrade the PirateBox Pi
October 04, 2015 11:32AM
My PirateBox is a RaspberryPi based one and I am actually using the ethernet hub as my network interface, so I cannot actually connect to the internet without disabling the piratebox stuff (I gueess, Am I correct) and reverting my network interface file back to normal (If I am correct). We should have a script that does this reversion and such for us.
Re: How to easily upgrade the PirateBox Pi
October 06, 2015 05:19PM
If you want to update the RaspberryPi version, I guess there is an easier way to do so:

Download the latest piratebox-ws_current.tar.gz from our webpage. Upload it to your piratebox as usual and then do the following steps:

(this guide is written out of my head and considers an unmodified opt/piratebox folder)

systemctl stop piratebox   # Stop all PirateBox related process
systemctl stop minidlna     # Stop minidlna
cp /opt/piratebox/share/Shared/piratebox-ws_current.tar.gz /tmp  #copy the source to a temporary folder
mv /opt/piratebox /opt/piratebox_old # rename the piratebox working folder 
cd /tmp
tar xzf piratebox-ws_current.tar.gz   # extract the sourcecode
cp -rv piratebox/piratebox /opt   # Copy over the new source code
rm /opt/piratebox/share  # remove the default folder for share
mv  /opt/piratebox_old/share /opt/piratebox/  # transfer the old one to the new one
systemctl start piratebox  #restart the services again
systemctl start minidlna

That should it be.

best regards Matthias

This is only my signature.