Improvement suggestions

Posted by asz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
asz
Improvement suggestions
March 23, 2012 08:42AM
Hi

So getting the PirateBox up and running was a walk in the park thanks to the very good tutorials in here. Thank you everyone (Do I run the first PB in Sweden?).

I am perfectly comfortable to do the admin stuff via ssh so no additional needs there.
But inspired by another thread with bugs and suggestion I wanted to start a thread for general improvement tips for the UI.

I'll start with my two cents...

I can imagine that my "users" would like to upload or create directories. Like a collection of mp3s or a photo collection for example. From what I understand, right now you can upload single files. Is it possible to select multiple files or directories for upload?

As the linked thread also suggests it would be nice with som kind of automatic removal of unused files. For now I will try to do this with a cron job.
Re: Improvement suggestions
March 23, 2012 11:17AM
If you created a script, which uses the "age" of an file- can you please provide it?
June 23, 2014 02:21PM
I know that this is an old thread, but I'll still revive it.

If you add the 'multiple' attribute the the <input type="upload" />, you can upload multiple files. Now, there are two problems with this.

1. It gives an error message (along the lines of "something wrent wrong") after the upload.
2. The files are saved, but as a tmpXXXXX file. They are intact, but just with the wrong name and mimetype. Does anyone know where I should look if I want to try to make that work?
June 23, 2014 03:58PM
Hi Maximax,
I think droopy is not able to handle this sorry.

Matthias
The multiple file upload is something I've been wondering about too. I recently took my pirate box Camping as an experiment. Everyone and their mother takes pictures with their phones and the group I was with is no exception. so I thought it would be nice if everyone uploaded the pictures they took, so that everyone could view the pictures and then after the weekend I could distribute the whole collaborative/cumulative album to everyone. It's always a bummer when someone takes some cool pictures and then the pictures are never seen again. So everyone tried it, but it became tedious uploading pictures one by one and thusly stopped. I don't have any programming chops, so I haven't tried anything. would this be something that is possible? It would make things a lot easier.

Thanks in advance smiling smiley
July 02, 2014 05:57PM
I'm working on an Android app to simplify file uploads, which uses the standard Android share functionatlity.
So it should be possible to select a single or multiple pictures/files and upload them directly to the PirateBox without having to use the web interface.

Hope to finish a pre-alpha version in a couple of weeks.
Please keep us updated. I am an android user and could at least help trying to break the app smiling smiley
Multiple upload is one of my waiting-feature added to piratebox. Hopefully it will be implemented soon at least in android. Thanks
July 15, 2014 10:03AM
We have tested PirateShare at the Camp #2. The app should simplify the file upload from Android devices.

Here is the blog post:
[goo.gl]

You can download the APK from Google Drive:
[t.co]