thumbs up[How-to] Build a battery power adapter cable for your Piratebox (MR3020)

Posted by pabell 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Re: thumbs up[How-to] Build a battery power adapter cable for your Piratebox (MR3020)
May 15, 2013 08:05PM
The caps should fix any stability issues. The 7805 is still horribly inefficient - but it's cheap, it's simple, and it'll do the job.
I dont mean to sound rude, but I really don't understand the point of this post. You could simply buy a power bank to power the router. I use it like that all the time, and I take it with me whenever I need to travel. Simple!
Hey can we restart this thread? I'm interested in making solar powered unit - overall power seems to be 5w? Any way to get this down? 12v system most convenient but above suggests inefficient so am wondering if unit can be made to run on multiple old garden lights (how many, battery cap to go limit drawdown?). Thanks in advance.