Please share your PirateBox photos

Posted by darts 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Re: Please share your PirateBox photos
December 06, 2012 06:56AM
Amazing!
But... should the cable come out on the downside of the box, that rain isn't able to slowly come into the box? Same question about the antenna.
December 06, 2012 09:12AM
It has some rubber inserts that seal both holes fairly tight. It doesn't rain often here, and when it does it's not very heavy. It should be alright.
December 14, 2012 01:33AM
Hey pabell, apologises for the late reply. I have a TP-Link MR 3020 sitting vertically in the flashlight. It's a pretty tight squeeze.
December 22, 2012 02:48AM
I'm sure you no longer need photos for the interview... but I thought I'd share some pictures of my newly created piratebox called "The Library." Obviously it is meant for sharing books. smiling smiley The battery is rated at 6000mAh and I have found that it can easily run the router for more than 24 hours. Let me know what you think.

December 22, 2012 11:52PM
Wow! That is coool! Well done smileys with beer
hey angrygnome just asking what brand is your battery?
February 06, 2013 07:26PM
Here is my iPiratebox...

February 06, 2013 10:22PM
What wifi dongle you using there?
February 06, 2013 10:53PM
It's an Edimax EW-7811.
February 07, 2013 06:12AM
But this wifi dongle has some driver issues, which mades you to do some additional steps, that it works.
February 07, 2013 09:32PM
Yes, I wrote up a post that directs people to the wiki and the Raspberrypi.org forum post on how to get it to work correctly.

My thread on this forum for the fix.
May 08, 2013 03:35AM
I'm using the MR3040 as well. It came as a v2 which delayed me a bit finding an OpenWRT that had the header modified to work but it's up and running with a 32GB usb stick in it. I love the small portable form with the built in 2000 mAh battery and micro usb barely sticking out. I have a couple 5000 mAh batteries if I need to power it further on the go or just plug it into the wall or car charger to both power it and recharge the built in battery. Haven't tested out the range yet but the form factor is sure great.

May 13, 2013 05:17AM
Some stuff I found on yfrog:

[yfrog.com]
[yfrog.com]

My Personal favorite introduction to PBx: [twitter.yfrog.com]
May 13, 2013 11:55PM
brokenr1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm using the MR3040 as well. (...) I love the
> small portable form with the built in 2000 mAh
> battery and micro usb barely sticking out.

Soooo true! threw my 3020 away (bricked it) and bought this nice peace of hardware. Many absolutely fave! thumbs up
May 20, 2013 11:52AM

7400 mAh battery + wr703n = 1 day, 7 hours, 45 mins uptime

Now to build a nice box to house it in.
May 24, 2013 07:05AM

The Pi - especially the B - sucks up rather more power than the wr703n, plus my boost converter cuts out before the cells reach their safe discharge limit, so battery life isn't great. I've not tested it, but I calculate it'll be good for around eight hours.There's about 7600mAH in those cells, so I could probably double that if I used an A model.
May 27, 2013 11:52AM
wr703n hiding under an external battery... all shoved in a cheap lunchbox for my first portable test on Sydneys rail network.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 11:54AM by gbbgu.
June 08, 2013 01:36AM
My setup is 'piratebox squared':

[cryptoanarchy.com]
June 15, 2013 11:57AM
I know that this is way too late for the interview, but since thins seems to be ongoing, here goes my first piratebox:

Details and more pics: http://forum.daviddarts.com/read.php?2,7849,8041#msg-8041

The finished, closed device in a socket.

Opened. Everything is glued down with hotglue.

[edit] Battery power?! We don't need batteries where we're going!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2013 12:06PM by jesta030.
June 15, 2013 08:44PM
And now: Add a label with "do not remove" smiling smiley This works smiling smiley
July 13, 2013 12:25AM
My Piratebox Raspberry pi case With hub and place to put the hard drive
My raspberry pi built

Here all the details
[www.raspberrypi.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 01:58AM by jmac928.
July 17, 2013 01:17PM
Hello,

This morning I've play with a book to put my piratebox (just to store the box at the moment, not running)

[sylvain.naud.in]
July 26, 2013 03:25PM
Hello everyone I just realized that I haven't posted any pics of my LibroBox (based on PirateBox 0.5 and Nargrens design). You can find the code here

EDIT*

A Youtube video of it in action

And a Vine (gif) showing some of the latest work I'm doing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 01:59PM by hardrived.
July 26, 2013 07:35PM
I can't seem to open the images. Is it just me or are the link broken?
me
August 05, 2013 04:00PM
eeePc running debian, dedicated install and connected to an alfa adapter for extra rangez smoking smiley

Also doubles up as my home music system thumbs up

Was tinkering away with it the other day while piratebox was running, but didnt realise that the charger wasnt plugged in... I was working for over 5 hours.... So pretty good battery life grinning smiley

October 03, 2013 10:09AM
October 15, 2013 12:35AM

I'm showing the netbook screen just to show that I totally customized the UI based off of Nagren's Design 2.0 in order to create a mobile communications hub for the freedom activists from [FreeKeene.com]

Here is a closeup of the box itself. I designed the label in photoshop and made it a little bigger than the mr3020 and just cut the excess off with an exacto... I wanted something a little snazzier and edgier than the default label logo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2013 12:37AM by FTLJohnson.
November 01, 2013 08:19AM
Hey guys!
Here is my little PirateBox running off a MR3020.
I love this little device, I've used it loads at university and have had people coming up to me and asking me about the project!

I'd love to get myself a sticker or two for it as well!

My plans are to buy a few more MR3020s as projects, and then see if I can get it working on other devices.

It's an awesome project and I can't believe I've only found out about it in the last few weeks.

Hello dear friend. I from russia, excuse me to bag english language.
Here my Piratebox"lox-box specially for russia" running raspberry pi.
I hope you him.
Voltage Regulator 7805. wi-fi module tp-link tl-wn7200nd. ~12000mAH