Bugfix Release PirateBox 1.0.1

Posted by Matthias 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Bugfix Release PirateBox 1.0.1
October 10, 2014 06:54PM
Hello Community,
It has taken a while for me to find a free day that I can invest for preparing and releasing the bugfix-release 1.0.1

The Changelog is:

* [Fix] Setting permissions of shoutbox data file
 * [New] Service File for RPi image
 * [Fix] Several typos in scripts
 * [Fix] Typo in the front page and the directory listing
 * [Fix] in timsave.sh while restoring date&time
 * [Fix] [OpenWRT] Timesave for creating bootup and restore 
 * [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fix for  "already installed" recognition to skip parts 
 * [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fix for errors during installing piratebox-mod-imageboard because of duplicate links 
 * [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fix for LED flashing during auto install (box-installer on image) 
 * [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fix for error messages on package reinstall. (extendRoot) 
 * [Fix] No duplicate symlink after double "part2" via install_piratebox.sh 
 * [New] Remove # in front of secret & password to force user to change it before using the board 
 * [Fix] Button padding in UI 
 * [Fix] Board Link out of nested Shared folder 
 * [Fix] Russian Translation in Droopy 
 * [Fix] ReDistribute DirectoryListing files upon initialization on first Startup 
 * [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fixing customization of lease-file location for OpenWRT 
 * [Fix] [OpenWRT] Fixes issues when extendRoot couldn't get initialized correctly 
 * [New] [OpenWRT] Optimized handling of mount options in extendRoot 
 * [Fix] [RPi] Bootup issue with some USB-wifi sticks. 
 * [Fix] Prevent XSS in forest.py

I want to thank everybody who helped with testing, bug-fixing, improving our scripts, and developing scripts.

OpenWrt
For OpenWrt systems we included the first batch of fixes, that makes the automatic installation more robust on uncertain things like missing USB sticks.
For updating from PirateBox 1.0.0 to PirateBox 1.0.1 its required that you do a full system upgrade including flashing your device. For doing this, I updated the [piratebox.cc] howto.
Currently, the upgrade process needs three reboots with several steps. We are working on an improvement of this process for the next releases.

Additional we simplified the HowTo for the Post-Installation steps using the script called ''box_init_setup.sh'', which is brought to you by the LibraryBox-Kickstarter project.

All images and download-locations where replaced with the new files.

RapsberryPi
We haven't shipped more scripts for the RPi yet, so it is recommended that you check out the RaspberryPI Mods section.

RPi B+ support should be included, because we are using the latest ArchLinux Sources, unfortunalty I have none for testing.

The hostapd binary is included for the problematic Realtek chip sets. You can find the hostapd packages in
/prebuild-hostapd

They can be installed with
 pacman --noconfirm --force -U **path to file** 
  sed 's#driver=.*#driver=rtl871xdrv#'   -i /opt/piratebox/conf/hostapd.conf

Like tha last times, we can only publish the image using torrent. The torrent link can be found at the Raspberry Pi(rate)Box - HowTo, or use this link to the torrent file.

What's next?
From the first ReleaseCandidate up till now alot of things happend, which will be staged for 1.1. One of these things are multi-language support for the webpage!
Thanks to stylesuxx we are close to get automatic build for the current beta and trunk (current development) releases.. so you can easier sneak on what we are doing. Especially early feedback and testresults are needed for the mesh feature stuff.

Sincerly
Matthias

This is only my signature.
Re: Bugfix Release PirateBox 1.0.1
October 13, 2014 05:49AM
version 1.01 installed on Raspi + 1 bug no ethernet connection to updateconfused smiley
October 13, 2014 05:53AM
Ethernet Port is configured running with DHCP,
so you should plug it to your homerouter and connect to it (like before I think)

Matthias
October 13, 2014 07:32AM
Bizarre before and worked with the new image on his blocks port 80, can you give me the trick to run a desktop on the new archilinux image?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 13, 2014 04:50PM
Sorry, I'm not sure I understood the question? smiling smiley
You want to install a desktop on our arch image, or do you want to install piratebox on a normal archlinux.

And what is with port 80?

October 13, 2014 05:53PM
I want to install a desktop on your arch image eye rolling smiley
October 13, 2014 08:09PM
hehe, you can install whatever the archlinux wiki gives you. no limitations.

i only recommand to not update the kernel stuff, that broke it for myself