Android Rooting

Posted by Slatos 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Android Rooting
August 02, 2014 09:35AM
Hi,

I have been reading some stuff about the Piratebox because a friend recommended me to, since my Android screen is broken that would be one of the few uses I could give it. It says I need to root my device. I first reseted the device to the factory defaults and now I am here to ask what you would recommend in therms of rooting. The device it's a Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro currently running Android 4.0.4.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Android Rooting
August 04, 2014 04:35PM
Sorry for the late reply!

I can't really give you much advice when it comes to rooting.
If you install a custom ROM or just root your stock ROM is not that important.
What is important is the following:

1. The standard WiFi tethering has to be working, because it's used by the app.
    2. The following commands have to be present: cp, mount, dnsmasq and iptables

If these prerequisites are met it should work on most devices.
Hope it's working for you...
August 30, 2014 11:50PM
hi there

apologies for what is probably a dumb question but here goes:
would it be possible to install these files (cp, mount, dnsmasq and iptables) separately somewhere on phone without rooting phone?

thanks
August 31, 2014 03:42AM
Hi peelie,

these commands are normally already present on the phone, but to call them appropriately root permissions are needed.
The PirateBox will not work without root, it's just not possible.
March 05, 2015 03:28AM
Hi Friend,

these commands are normally already present on the phone, but to call them appropriately root permissions are needed.
The PirateBox will not work without root, it's just not possible.

Things remembered coupon 25% | Groupon 20% off|zenni optical promo code 2015
I ve wrote all the commands in to the handlers and all and restarted PB but didnt work
help plZ
January 30, 2018 06:40AM
Some useful tips about Android rooting:
[www.mobikin.com]
February 04, 2018 06:34AM
How to root my Oppo F5.

This is my blog. This blog you will find all solution about lucky patcher.

[luckypatchergames.com]
April 10, 2018 06:42PM
There are quite a few ways to root your phone,

One most common way (also somewhat risky) Is to install a custom recovery (Like TWRP or ClockworkMod Recovery) and then finding the Appropriate Super SU Zip fie for your device and flash it.

a popular way if you dont want to risk messing up and brick, is using an App that will exploit your firmware, Like kingroot or KingoRoot, ((i recommend kingroot as it is simpler than kingo and doesnt install bloatware. BUT there is alot of apps that do this, ))

to do this, is to simply enable installation from unknown sources in your phones settings, Download and install the APK for either app, and run it, if it fails, Try again. If it doesnt give you the option, try a differnt app as that one may not have the exploit yet in their system,

Also it would help if you define just how "Broken"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2018 06:42PM by Warmango.
Re: Android game hacking
April 24, 2018 09:44AM
lucky pather app details
December 11, 2018 11:26AM
U can use a lot of apps not from google market, from this place [www.uptrivial.com] for example