Problems with PB on Android

Posted by CeeDious 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Problems with PB on Android
June 01, 2014 01:13PM
Firstly, thanx for a brilliant idea, platform and app!

I have a old android phone that i want to convert to a PB. Running Android 2.3.7 and custom rom based on Cyanogenmod7.

I got the app installed and running. I left all app settings in default.
AP is up and running. I can connect to AP from other devices (Nexus5 and Win8 laptop) but when i open a browser i don't get anything. I dont get the PB "welcome".

Any ideas?
Re: Problems with PB on Android
June 01, 2014 04:09PM
Hi CeeDious,

you could try the following...

1. To see if the web page is working at all, try to access "[];, this should work in any case.
If it is not, something is completely screwed up.

2. After you have connected a device to the AP try to do a nslookup to any hostname. This should always result in the IP address 192.168.43.1.
If this is working dnsmasq is working ok. If this is not working, the dnsmasq wrapper might not work correctly on your device.

3. Next thing to check is if the port forwarding 80->45454 is working. If #2 is ok but you cannot access the web page on port 80 the iptables port forwarding does not.
Re: Problems with PB on Android
June 04, 2014 08:48AM
I tried this on my Galaxy S3 running Android revolution32.0 4.2.2. ant the same thing happens.
I'm also experiencing very low transfer speeds of ~50KBps.