Problem on Nexus 7 - Wifi (2012), Stock Android 4.4.4

Posted by mx24 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Problem on Nexus 7 - Wifi (2012), Stock Android 4.4.4
July 21, 2014 12:28AM
Hello, I have problems running the program, the Nexus 7 is rooted correctly, and in my opinion, it's like not working properly the DHCP device, since no good maps the IP on devices that connect to it.

Here some screenshots before and after connecting the Program:

Before

After

And screenshots from my pc.

Connection has been attempted for two more devices with the same result.

Sorry for my English by google

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2014 12:39AM by mx24.
Re: Problem on Nexus 7 - Wifi (2012), Stock Android 4.4.4
July 21, 2014 03:00PM
I don't have a device with Android 4.4.4, but normally the hotspot should run on IP 192.168.43.1.

Does your standard hotspot functioniality work?
The PirateBox app only wraps the standard functionality, so the PirateBox should work if the standard hotspot is working.
After starting the PirateBox you can check if the wrapper is running:

$ ps | grep dnsmasq
nobody    23025 121   928    464   ffffffff 00000000 S /system/bin/dnsmasq.pb.backup
Re: Problem on Nexus 7 - Wifi (2012), Stock Android 4.4.4
July 23, 2014 06:36PM
Yes, I think the main problem is that this model brings not implemented by default Tethering and HotSpot WIFI, lacking 3G and only have one type of connection network, wifi, does not make much sense to implement factory. See, also, the 3G + Wifi model, neither brings enabled by default, but there are mods that enable:

[forum.xda-developers.com]

I'm going to contact the creators, to see if any are encouraged to also enable this fabulous and inexpensive model Nexus Tablet.

Sorry for my English by google!