PirateBox remote administration

Posted by mdan312 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
PirateBox remote administration
April 21, 2015 08:29AM
I have installed PirateBox and it works fine (after installing BusyBox and ipTables).
PHP is also running OK.

I want to administrate my PB remotely through SMS sending.
I tried to add a test script in /etc/init/1/S_sms.bsh

Language: Javascript
import de.fun2code.android.pawserver.listener.*; SmsListener.registerAction("Lire", "123", "speak(\"Nouveau message:\" + smsArgs , new Locale(\"fr\", \"FR\"));");

When I send a SMS, containing

Lire:123:Ceci est mon exemple

PAW should read it.

My problem is that PirateBox is not granted SMS_READ permission. How to add that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 08:32AM by mdan312.
Re: PirateBox remote administration
April 21, 2015 08:54AM
I wonder also if there is a special port to get the PAW administration page from PB?
I mean the page with a default login through: admin/paw
Re: PirateBox remote administration
May 24, 2015 07:45AM
You can copy the html/app folder of the PAW installation to the html directory of your PirateBox installation.
If the content of your PirateBox installation is located on the SD card, this looks like this:
cp /sdcard/paw/html/app /sdcard/priatebox/html/.

What is needed in addition is the I18N file of the PAW installation:
cp /sdcard/paw/etc/init/1/S_i18n.bsh /sdcard/piratebox/etc/init/1/S_i18n_paw.bsh

After a restart of the PirateBox, you should be able to access the PAW web interface by using the path /app inside the browser.

Not everything will work (telephony, SMS etc.), because the PirateBox app is missing the required permissions.