PirateBox on Android

Posted by joschi70 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Re: preserving modified html during google play update
June 11, 2014 04:48AM
Hi Peelie,

yes the files inside the /data/data/de.fun2code.android.piratebox/files/piratebox directory should not be overwritten. Otherwise this is a bug.

I do not have a rooted Android 4.4.3 device, but on my unrooted Nexus 10 the widget seems to work.
Re: PirateBox on Android
June 13, 2014 07:53AM
I have tested 0.4.9 beta on my tablet.

Works nice.

I am using a 32gb sd card and my mount is /mnt/external_sd

all PirateBox app can see is upto /sdcard the highest is /

graphical directory
[img42.com]

2gb upload limit
[img42.com]

i also might found the problem why chrome app is failing when downloading large files.

my sdcard speed might be fake and since the upload is located on my /sdcard not in the external_sd card the download completes.
August 08, 2014 04:33PM
I am trying this on my Galaxy S4 and it is chocking when it tries to activate the hotspot. It activates it, then it turns off, then it activates it, then it turns off, repeat..... Even with the app forced close, the hot spot repeats this cycle until I reboot..... Got any ideas? I am using the latest apk that you had on the site and I am rooted.

If I activate the hotspot first, the hotspot works fine. Then I turn on the app and the cycle starts again....
August 08, 2014 08:18PM
Strange, thought this was fixed.
Could you please send me your Logcat output after the problem occured via mail (jochen[at]fun2code.de).
Hope there is something in the logs.
August 09, 2014 10:05PM
Hi

Running 0.5.2 on ZTE Blade with paranoidandroid 3.67 android base 4.2.2 all is stable smiling bouncing smiley
tested with a laptop tried IE and Chrome but no auto redirect did find it manually with IP

will start looking at customising and handlers next

by far the most useful app i've installed on my phone yet

Keep up the awesome work
November 12, 2014 10:34PM
Tested and working flawlessly on a Tronsmart S89 S802 Android box. I've got a MXQ S805 box on the way, I'll give it a try on that too.

Piratebox on Android may just be the easiest, and possibly cheapest (considering the dropping prices of SoC's) stationary method to use for these things.

Now I'm on the hunt for one with a removable antenna so my wifi reaches a longer distance in my neighborhood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2014 10:35PM by Code-Red.
June 01, 2015 03:16PM
Hi,

I have the same problem. Have you resolved it ?
September 16, 2015 11:04AM
Hi
I have a problem with PirateBox on Android. Please any one help me.
Pass4sure OG0-091 Question
Pass4sure 156-21577 Exams