Slideshow

Posted by Bezleputh 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Re: Slideshow
December 05, 2014 01:46PM
hum

Could you try to run

chmod +x /opt/piratebox/www/slideshow/responsiveslides.min.js

Do you still have the same content in slideshow_content.html ?
December 05, 2014 01:57PM
Sir,

I tried to run the command, it's still not working. Yes Sir, still same content I haven't change anything.

Snipy
December 05, 2014 02:10PM
hum ok

we will try something else :

chown -R nobody:nogroup /opt/piratebox/www/slideshow
chown nobody:nogroup /opt/piratebox/www/cgi-bin/generate_slideshow_content.py
December 05, 2014 02:56PM
Sir,

Finally it's working! grinning smiley Only different is the postion of the slideshow frame that appears below the chat area unlike the one that you post on the earlier pictures. Could this be properly positioned? Thank you so much for all your help!

Snipy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2014 03:04PM by sniper_eyes.
December 05, 2014 03:25PM
Eurêka !

I have to improve my install script. (I forgot many steps I've done while developing).
Thanks a lot for testing.

You can easily move the position of your slideshow by moving this line :
<div id="slideshow" class="card"></div>
into the index.html file.

I saw that you put it there
<div id="main">
    <div id="chat" class="card">
     </div>
</div>

you should try this

<div id="main">
    <div id="chat" class="card">
    </div>
</div>
December 05, 2014 04:59PM
@Bezleputh

Sir,

I managed to put the slideshow under the Upload. My problem is that the chat box is still at the bottoom. How can I put the chat box in the same height as the Upload? Sorry I'm really a newbie about this. Please see link for the pic.

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

Thank you.

Snipy
December 06, 2014 01:20AM
Hey Bezleputh,
I tried it, still no go. I tried to pm you those two files but I must be blind because I don't see an upload option.
December 06, 2014 02:21AM
Its working, thank you guys!!!!!
December 06, 2014 03:36AM
Uh oh. I can't upload anything now.
December 08, 2014 06:00AM
@Bezleputh

Sir,

I managed to fix it hehe. Please see attached pic on the following link:

Thank you so much for your help. I would just like to ask if there's a way to hyperlink the slideshow photos to the file folder location of the piratebox?

Regards

Snipy
December 08, 2014 07:27AM
Sniper,
are you having problems with uploading now? I'm thinking I may just start from scratch and reinstall the whole piratebox with slideshow and if that works.
December 08, 2014 07:45AM
@mikefisher2176

I think it's working fine. I tried to upload a 10mb file.

Regards

Snipy
December 08, 2014 08:18AM
@sniper_eyes

Happy to see that everything is now ok !

Thank you so much for your help. I would just like to ask if there's a way to hyperlink the slideshow photos to the file folder location of the piratebox?

Hum It's a possibility, I will have a look on this topic.

@mikefisher2176

Ho sorry, I was thinking that there was a file attachement in PM.
I will try to provide a new package today in order to fix the install script, I will put my email in the README file, it will be easier to send me files)
Can you describe your problem with uploading file ? (Do you have any error message)
December 08, 2014 06:01PM
I get the little smiley face and below it says 'connection reset'. It's not a big for me to reinstall,(done it three or for times now playing with things n messing it up) that way I can use the new package when you post it. I like sniper_eyes idea though of the hyper links.
December 08, 2014 07:18PM
Hi,

I updated the package, it includes fixes on the install script and the hyperlink to the folder.
December 08, 2014 09:31PM
Thanks bezleputh, I'll give it a shot this evening after work and post a pic. This is a great contribution to the box!!!
December 09, 2014 01:12AM
@Bezleputh

Sir,

Thank you very much this is great. I'll try to install this one and feedback to you later.

Regards

Snipy
December 10, 2014 03:57AM
@Bezleputh

Sir,

I tried to install it and the hyperlink feature is working fine. Thank you so much for this grinning smiley

Regards

Snipy
December 10, 2014 08:11AM
You're welcome winking smiley
February 17, 2015 05:30PM
Hello,

I'm reasonably well practiced at editing HTML etc - I was wondering if it's possible to create the slideshow using notepad++

Thanks,
Steven.
Steven
February 17, 2015 06:33PM
It's probably important to mention that I'm using Piratebox for Android & thats why I'm keen to manually install the slideshow as I'm not sure I can SSH into the Android version?
February 17, 2015 07:46PM
Hello,

I do not really understand everything.
I do not well know the android version but how do you edit/transert files if you cannot ssh your piratebox ?
Could you explain how you think you will proceed, it will help me to find the best solution.

At least, you can try to rewrite everything directly from your android device, you will just need to download the zip on your computer, unzip it and recreate the content directly on your android device. All sources are included in the zip.

Regards
June 16, 2015 08:37PM
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a copy of the zip file? I'd like to ad this to mine but the link is dead.
June 17, 2015 10:34AM
Hello, I updated the link in the first post.
It should be ok right now.
February 22, 2016 04:24PM
Could you pls upload the Zip file again. I would like to add this to my piratebox.

Thanks in advance
February 24, 2016 11:21AM
Should be ok now winking smiley
ewo
August 07, 2017 08:02PM
Help please.
What changes do i need to make to get this up and running in 1.1?
Had it up and going just fine previously.
Strayed away from PB but saw some of the new changes and thought I'd get it up and running again.
I really enjoy the slideshow and it works well for my usage, but this mod is kicking my butt to get running this time.
ewo
August 09, 2017 06:35PM
It looks like it should go to /mnt/usb/PirateBox/content/ since that's where web stuff lives now, but when I "./install.sh" I get

chown: README.TXT: Operation not permitted
chown: cgi-bin/generate_slideshow_content.py: Operation not permitted
chown: cgi-bin: Operation not permitted
chown: cgi-bin: Operation not permitted
chown: index.html: Operation not permitted
chown: install.sh: Operation not permitted
chown: responsiveslides.css: Operation not permitted
chown: responsiveslides.min.js: Operation not permitted
chown: script.js: Operation not permitted
chown: slideshow_content.html: Operation not permitted
chown: template.txt: Operation not permitted

So I am at the point where i need some hand holding. I messed up once and turned all the Operation not permitted into Read-only file system, but have it back to where i initially started. What am i doing wrong?
August 24, 2017 04:39PM
On a FAT partition you can not change permissions and ownership. This is ok, I guess.