Userdirs do not work confused smiley

Posted by Testbild 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Userdirs do not work confused smiley
September 14, 2015 02:15PM
Hello dear Piratebox Community,

I just got my boy on saturday and the installation was pretty convenient, although I have a problem with the Userdirectories.

What I did:

## Droopy Userdir Option? DROOPY_USERDIR="" # Uncomment the following line to enable Userdirs #DROOPY_USERDIR="-u True"

Then, when I go to the upload button I can choose the advanced Options and name a folder. When I do so this happens:

1. The folder is created properly
2. The file I wanted to upload is uploaded into the Shared folder (default folder)
3. When I PW secure the folder the PW secure works and it will not let me upload files if I use the wrong PW but still only uploads to the default folder

Goal:
Letting users name folders to upload to and really place the file into the folder.

Thanks for helping me in advance.

Testbild
Re: Userdirs do not work confused smiley
September 15, 2015 04:39AM
Unfortunately, the user dir function only works with a valid password.
To make it work without a valid password, you need to modify droopy.
September 15, 2015 07:33AM
Where can I set a PW so it will work?

Even if I use the Password it does not work as described above?
Where could I change the droopy?

Sorry I am a bit noob :-(

Best regards

Testbild

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2015 08:04AM by Testbild.
September 15, 2015 08:15PM
Hi,
during the last patch, I ported that feature to a new droopy version. So there is a chance, that the feature is broken by delivery (but I tested it).
And the feature is not 100% compatible with PirateBox anymore.

The user-dir feature should work like the following:

1. enable it via piratebox.conf
2. restart the piratebox (scripts)
3. Go the page, enter a folder name and a password for it.
4. Upload the file into it.
5. After finishing the upload, the folder is created (looks a bit crappy, because the style information is not copied over the new folder).
6. Reupload a new file to folder using the same foldername and the password you chose for the first upload.

anything beyond that is out of scope.
You can hack droopy to have no password field and accept all uploads to all folder winking smiley

Matthias

This is only my signature.
September 15, 2015 08:51PM
Hi,

thanks a lot I did the steps you suggested but these are the ones that do not work, the file is not physically in the folder.

How could I access the droopy to alter it?

Best regards
September 17, 2015 06:58PM
You need to login to your box and edit droopy using the vi editor... not an easy job.

vi /opt/piratebox/bin/droopy
September 18, 2015 05:30PM
Hi,

thanks a lot. Doesn't matter if it is hard. I was looking for something to code on anyways so I might even learn new stuff while trying to figure it out.

Best regards

Testbild

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2015 05:30PM by Testbild.