[Theme] SecretBox

Posted by NightShade 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
[Theme] SecretBox
September 18, 2015 12:15AM
I wrote a theme titled SecretBox. All this does is it goes around and replaces all mention of the word PirateBox with SecretBox. (except for a small bit in the footer referencing the original project)

It changes the Wifi SSID, the Local Lan name, and all Logos to SecretBox.

The point of this was because I run my PirateBox somewhere that will shut it down immediately just because of the name PirateBox. I decided to make it a little more friendly, while still keeping it the same project.

You can find the theme here: github.com

Just replace the files in your 1.0.5 Piratebox with the files in my Repo, and start it up.

If you've already been running your PirateBox, you'll need to remove README.txt and HEADER.txt from your Shared folder and restart the box.
Re: [Theme] SecretBox
September 18, 2015 05:32PM
Hi,

I have another question regarding your picture. How did you get the used diskspace into the webpage?

Best regards

Testbild
September 18, 2015 05:47PM
Oh that... I must have forgotten to take that out in the screenshot. I'm working to get that card added to the main PirateBox.

I've got the pull request open for it on github.com.

This git tree should have all the files necessary:
[github.com]

and use this index.html instead of the current theme one:
[github.com]

Note:
The diskusage card is still in testing. It's pretty much finished, but we haven't finalized it yet. If you find any problems with it, comment on that pull request.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2015 05:48PM by NightShade.
September 29, 2015 12:13AM
Thanks a lot but I am a bit noob with the Piratebox and not very familiar with github either (sorry for the inconvenience).

Where do I need to copy the files?

Best regards

Testbild
September 29, 2015 01:34AM
If you're new to these sorts of things it would be better for you to wait until the "data usage" changes are pushed into the new release.

If you're still interested, I only work on the raspberry pi, so I could only give you advice on that platform. You'll basically be replacing the old files with the new one. (where depends on which platform you're using. with the pi it's usually /opt/piratebox/)

You could always hop onto the IRC and see if anyone there can help out. [piratebox.cc]
Be ready to wait a bit though. It's normal not to have anyone around (because of timezones) for a few hours.
September 29, 2015 09:09AM
Thanks, I will try to do so.
September 30, 2015 06:13PM
Looks really good
Re: [Theme] SecretBox on MR3040
February 06, 2016 06:26AM
For those wanting this to work on an MR3040..

Scared of PirateBox?
Like me, you have put a Piratebox into a heavy traffic area, expecting to see a lot of sharing. I put this in our local coffee shop for half a year and nada. It seems PirateBox looks too much like the bee hive and not enough like raw honey. So I decided to sweeten the approach by getting rid of the name Pirate. Pirates are by definition crooks. So this is my step by step instructions to upgrade the PirateBox on my MR3040v2 (look below the battery for the version), To hide the Pirate name, I found SecretBox. 
If you have an establish box, copy your shared files to a computer so we can kinda start over and not worry about your media. Or if you’re a adventurous technophile, ignore that, but I warned ya. I effed my piratebox over and over just to learn how to do this. About 3 days of trial and error. Enjoy my labor.
Download the SecretBox folder found on the github repository. Move the files so that you have a SecretBox folder and two folders inside. The www folder and the src folder. You can delete all the other folders. This will make it simple later.

FROM SCRATCH (– if you have a working piratebox skip ahead. )
Copy the current openwrt file to your flash drive (something like openwrt-ar71xxx-xxxx-squashfs-factory.bin). Make sure you get the version for your MR3040 – v1 or v2.
Download the Install_Piratebox.zip and then extract this onto your flash drive. It should leave an install folder.
If your piratebox is messed up – like all effed up. Then type these two commands to reprogram openwrt.
cp /mnt/usb/openwrt-ar71xxxxxx(hit tab it should fill in the rest)-squashfs-factory.bin /tmp
mtd write –r /tmp/openwrt-ar71(with a tab to autofill the rest)-factory.bin firmware
If you have the install folder (with the file auto_package in it) it should also install piratebox automatically. This will change the name of auto_package to auto_package_done and add a log file.
After this telnet into the box using putty to 192.168.1.1 and type box_init_setup.sh. Set the password and the time. If you get an error that there is no space – then your piratebox is effed up, start over.
Now ssh into the box with your password.
To activate your forum, run the following command:
/opt/piratebox/bin/board-autoconf.sh
Enter your password to finish.
Disconnect and test the piratebox out… Does it work?? If not you may need to start over. Again.. (I did). If it’s working… then the force is strong it is and Overlord Sith JarJar Binks is my Master.

FROM A WORKING PIRATEBOX
Make sure to copy over the secretbox folder onto your flashdrive and move the files as described earlier.
CHANGE THE SSID (network name)
Now to the changing of the ssid: This is actually simple. SSH into the piratebox with putty to 192.168.1.1. Everytime I log in, I’m at a ~ folder (root). I type cd .. to get out of it.
cd etc/config
vi wireless
hit the “i” key
Change the ssid name on the last line to erase the Piratebox and dash so it reads “Share Freely” or make it your own.
hit the “escape” key
:wq and hit enter.
That is how you modify files!! If you make a mistake and want to get out without saving type :q!
Now reload the network with:
/etc/init.d/network reload
Viola you have a new SSID. Log into it and give it a test run. Turn it off and on and test it again… If it doesn't work then start over and wait longer for the device to install next time. It takes patience paduon to be a Sith Lord. ..
On the secretbox www for Raz Pi sight they have you copy over the files in the /opt/piratebox/conf folder. YOU DON’T HAVE TO. One of the files is the hostapd.conf… I used the instructions above with the vi command to change the ssid in this file to match my new ssid. My unit worked without copying it over but I did it anyway. You may not have to but I’m letting you know just in case. DO NOT COPY OVER THE piratebox.conf FILE. It will kill your dhcp and it will take a day or two before you realize that the secretbox github is for a Raz Pi and not your silly MR3040… (I missed that like 30 times)
Now to change the beehive web pages into honey….
Type the following commands (we are moving the old files to a folder called junk. And moving the new files in.
cd /root
cd ..
mkdir /junk/

cd /opt/piratebox/src/
mv HEADER.txt /junk/
mv README.txt /junk/
mv kareha_img_config.pl /junk/

cd /opt/piratebox/www/
mv favicon.ico /junk/
mv index.html /junk/
mv piratebox-logo-horizontal-white.png /junk/
mv piratebox-logo-small.png /junk/
mv redirect.html /junk/
Now the secretbox folder should have two folders src and www
cd /mnt/usb/secretbox/src/
mv * /opt/piratebox/src/
cd /mnt/usb/secretbox/www/
mv * /opt/piratebox/www/
Now you can modify the html and txt files in the www folder to customize the webpages to your liking. You are a PirateBox Sith Lord. May the file share be with you.
April 19, 2016 06:13AM
Hello,

I tried to apply your theme, the only problem is that the Menu button (for mobile) and Thanks button is not working. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you

Snipy

Update:

I've managed to fix it by editing manually the /opt/piratebox/www/index.html since the index file is based on 1.0.5 and the current index is 1.0.7 smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2016 08:16AM by sniper_eyes.
September 20, 2016 07:33PM
could you please tell me what you changed to get the menu working agin please?