New Custom "MediaBox"

Posted by woodjl1650 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
New Custom "MediaBox"
December 13, 2015 12:58AM
Ok, so this is based off of the LibraryBox build, but I am sure anyone could upload via PirateBox as well...since they are pretty much the same.

I several pages, Audiobooks, Music, Movies, Magazines, and a LogIn page.

I am still a novice at this, so if the code is not perfect, please don't beat me up too bad.

Any way, here his the source file (screenshots are posted on the github page too):
[github.com]
Re: New Custom "MediaBox"
December 14, 2015 05:40PM
You just made my day with this... this is actually where I was going with your last mod when I switched it to using librarybox for my "AirlineBox" - I wanted it for just media etc. for traveling.

Honestly, if I could tip you on here I would. Forking immediately... thanks a ton for creating this.
December 14, 2015 06:21PM
Dude glad you like. Still updating and tweaking a few more thing I wanna to.

I suck at graphics, but like your logo you did on your AirLine Box. If you wanna work together to come up with something, I would be down with that.

Let me know if you have any questions with the Music playlist, took me a day or so to figure it out and to work properly.

Enjoy and please share!
December 14, 2015 09:14PM
Regarding the music playlist, and the movie theater from your old one for that matter... what I'd really like to do some more coding on is using PHP to dynamically show the folder contents so you don't have to code it in manually via HTML each time you add something (see my Pictures folder one on my AirlineBox mod of your movie theater). Just trying to find that some time to get around to it...

I'd be more than happy to work on some stuff together - I've already forked it but if you want to do some collective stuff want to make a development branch copy of your master one?

Matthias - assuming you read this, are you ok with us discussing mods for this here? LibraryBox forums are a bit lacking... but the route we're going I think the format will work a little easier for non-linux folks since PHP is already installed, everything is on usb etc.
December 14, 2015 11:14PM
Hey just sent a PM with my email.
December 16, 2015 08:07PM
Moved repo to new Developer area.

[github.com] < New Location to get updated files.

Again, this is off of the LibraryBox build.
December 17, 2015 09:23AM

Matthias - assuming you read this, are you ok with us discussing mods for this here? LibraryBox forums are a bit lacking... but the route we're going I think the format will work a little easier for non-linux folks since PHP is already installed, everything is on usb etc.
No, I'm not browsing the Mod section regulary. But I'm totally fine with discussing these things here, just mark it as "LibraryBox" mod.. or "PHP required".

PHP will be available on the next bigger PirateBox-Release, too.

Matthias
December 17, 2015 01:07PM
PHP will be available on the next bigger PirateBox-Release, too. <----AWESOME news, thanks for the heads up!
January 24, 2016 06:24AM
I have had this running for a while now having a hard time getting people to connect to it. A friend seen it in the Wireless connections but did not want to connect they said it sounded scary. Others have said the same. I guess I need to do the mod???
sad smiley
January 24, 2016 08:52AM
Bill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have had this running for a while now having a
> hard time getting people to connect to it. A
> friend seen it in the Wireless connections but did
> not want to connect they said it sounded scary.
> Others have said the same. I guess I need to do
> the mod???
> sad smiley

I too had the same problem as you Bill... just nobody seemed to want to connect to it. But i persisted and today i had 5 strangers connect to it. So what im saying is most people are afraid of the unordinary.
March 04, 2016 11:04PM
Hi I like the idea, so I did my own php media center that will detect folder.jpg and a full xml xbmc folder structure : [forum.piratebox.cc]
the only thing is I can't design, only code.