MR-3040 External Antenna

Posted by woodjl1650 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
MR-3040 External Antenna
December 16, 2015 09:38PM
Installed an external antenna, see pictures below. Works out pretty well.

[imgur.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2016 05:26PM by stylesuxx.
Re: MR-3040 External Antenna
January 17, 2016 11:21PM
Ohh, the image is dead :-(
February 29, 2016 12:23AM
I Right clicked on the dead image and selected View Image and saw some pictures of an antenna installed..
March 07, 2016 05:26PM
You are right, the link is working, but it is a link to imgur in an image tag,... I'll edit that.
March 07, 2016 06:25PM
I've got my MR3040 working, but because of all the wifi routers (and wifi printers) in my neighborhood,
I'm finding the range of my MR3040 is pretty short. I put it in a window, where I could see if from outside,
then walked across the street and lost the connection. (Tested it with 2 phones and 1 tablet).
60 to 80 feet in direct line-of-sight isn't that good. But, it does work 'okay' inside the house, from 2 rooms away.

So, I'm thinking about this antenna mod. It would allow me to connect better antennas or maybe an Amp-Booster.
Not sure I want to solder inside the box just yet.. I'm not a tech-nerd (I'm an antenna guy), so it's slow going..

Right now, I'm trying to use an old wifi router(dd-wrt) to extend the range a bit.
It's a little tricky to get working, since the phone will randomly go right into the router setup menu.
Today, I've changed the dd-wrt IP address to see if I can get it working a little smoother..
The cool thing is I can connect via Wifi Channels 6 or 11.
Cheers,
Rich