Possibility of Hyperlinks of files in chatbox

Posted by sniper_eyes 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Possibility of Hyperlinks of files in chatbox
April 04, 2016 02:42AM
Hello,

I just wanna ask if there's a way to insert hyperlinks of uploaded files in the chatbox?

Thank you

Regards,

Snipy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2016 02:43AM by sniper_eyes.
Re: Possibility of Hyperlinks in chatbox
June 16, 2016 02:00AM
Hello,

I just wanna ask if there's a way to insert hyperlinks of uploaded files in the chatbox?

Thank you

Regards,

Snipy
Re: Possibility of Hyperlinks of files in chatbox
August 04, 2016 01:35PM
Like an announce for every file uploaded?
August 06, 2016 11:58PM
Yes Sir
August 12, 2016 11:39PM
Kind of old thread, sorry for the late reply.
I will run some checks and searches.

In the meanwhile, you can do this with Kareha, have you tried that?

Ubuntuhak, playing and tinkering with Ubuntu!
August 13, 2016 01:58PM
I haven't tried it yet with kareha Sir Nargren. What I was thinking was since the webpage redirect would be on the chatbox maybe it's also useful to have these hyperlinks automatically generated when a new file is uploaded or after the box has rebooted. I've tried also the another mod with the slideshow with hyperlinks on the photos but it takes a lot of bandwidth due to the automatic loading of these pictures. Maybe this hyperlinks on the chatbox or either on some portion on the webpage would be of ease to use as redirect to the file location. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2016 02:10PM by sniper_eyes.
August 13, 2016 04:21PM
So you just want to see basically a link to the available files/media on the chat box without having to go to the Download page?
First thing that comes to my mind is to use a simple iframe which shows the file list on the main page. Of course, then after a file upload the list would only refresh if the user refreshes the page.

August 16, 2016 01:36AM
Yes Sr, that's the idea smiling smiley
August 16, 2016 09:50PM
For the moment I would suggest embedding the download page in an iframe, I have no ideas currently for hyperlinking from the chat directly. If anything comes to my mind, I'll let you know.

August 17, 2016 03:06AM
Okay Sir, thank you smiling smiley