Proper release labelling?

Posted by porknbeans 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Proper release labelling?
May 13, 2016 05:00PM
The only version of the install files I can find are located here: [stable.openwrt.piratebox.de]

There is no revision numbering in the filename itself or within the actual zip. Would it be possible to simply stick a version.txt within the zip in the future so people can find out what version they have before they install? As it stands you must either install the whole contents to a device or mount the images to figure out what install zip you are dealing with.

Is there a repository of previous releases somewhere?
Re: Proper release labelling?
May 14, 2016 02:34PM
Hi,
adding a tag into the install-zip is an interesting idea. I think about that and how I can implement that in a useful way.

When you look at: [stable.openwrt.piratebox.de]
Then you find the different version (install.zip and images) for the previous versions. The latest version (1.0.7) is equal to the auto folder (linked).

The package repository itself ( [stable.openwrt.piratebox.de] ) is not in multiple revisions available, but you can recreate the repostory based upon the install.zip winking smiley

I just realized, that I did not tag [github.com] together with the release version, but you can find all package versions in that github repository. (excluding prior 1.0).

On 1.0 I think we have unlikely changes on the openwrt packages itself. Most of the changes were introduced in the piratebox-img-file (PirateBoxScripts_Webserver)

best regards
Matthias

This is only my signature.