How to enter OpenWRT

Posted by muhackl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
How to enter OpenWRT
December 10, 2016 04:20PM
Hi dear community,
I installed piratebox on a TP Link 3020. How can I access the openWRT admin page now/again?
When entering 192.168.1.1 I just get to piratebox panel.

Many thanks and best regards
Muhackl
Re: How to enter OpenWRT
December 12, 2016 08:40PM
Hi,

if you have installed PirateBox it means that the original TP-Link firmware (router software) is gone. The PirateBox itself doesn't have a browser-based configuration interface. You can, however, use telnet or ssh to connect to the box as per described in the HowTo.

If you want the original router firmware back, you can re-flash it, however it is an "either-or" situation, you can't have both.
To re-flash the original firmware: wiki.openwrt.org

Ubuntuhak, playing and tinkering with Ubuntu!
December 13, 2016 08:51AM
Hi and thank you for your reply,
I think, you understood me wrong. I do not want to access the original firmware. To make Piratebox work, you have to flash the OpenWRT alternative router firmware on the TP-Link. I would like to access the interface of OpenWRT again - as I was able before installing Piratebox on it.
Or does Piratebox make it inaccessible?

Many thanks and best regards
Muhackl
December 13, 2016 12:40PM
muhackl
I would like to access the interface of OpenWRT again - as I was able before installing Piratebox on it.
I'm sorry, I don't get this. OpenWRT does have an interface - called luci - but it does not ship with PirateBox by default.

The interface you first accessed was the original firmware (Guide Step 4/a). You then replaced it with a custom version of OpenWRT to run PirateBox, which does not include a web-based interface.

OpenWRT HowTo
Please do not try to visit 192.168.1.1 during the installation process as PirateBox is not shipped with a default Web Admin page and visiting this IP could interfere with the installation

I'm not sure if I have answered your question correctly,but I hope this helps.

Ubuntuhak, playing and tinkering with Ubuntu!
December 13, 2016 05:09PM
Thanks a lot. The essential information was: "custom version of OpenWRT to run PirateBox, which does not include a web-based interface". Everything understood now.

Must have been another device I tried OpenWRT on and entered the web interface. Maybe I did not remember everything correctly.