Help i have a Question?

Posted by Painco 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Help i have a Question?
December 18, 2016 09:09AM
My question is do in need an usb wifi adapter if i use a raspberry pie 3 when making a pirate box?
Re: Help i have a Question?
December 20, 2016 04:03PM
Check out https://forum.piratebox.cc/read.php?7,20274

It should work with the on-board Wi-Fi chip.

Ubuntuhak, playing and tinkering with Ubuntu!
February 14, 2017 08:43PM
Ok - I am lost - with a Raspberry Pi 3 - the reply above does not state either way - is an additional USB WIFI adapter needed? Or does the onboard wifi work to broadcast out?
Thanks
Bruce
February 20, 2017 08:50PM
As the RPi3 comes with an included wifi, you can use that one.
No need for additional USB wifi dongles.

(in fact, the usb wifi does not work on RPi3 with PirateBox 1.1.2 image)

best regards
Matthias

This is only my signature.
Tp link mr3020 got bricked during firmware upgrade
July 10, 2017 07:00AM
Tp link mr3020 got bricked during firmware upgrade, actually it was taking a lot of time about one and a half hour so i unplugged my router. After that i was not able to access my router so i tried failsafe mode.
[mail.google.com]
I flashed the firmware to the router then i installed piratebox folder to the pen drive and connected it to the router.
According to the instructions it should take only 10 minutes to open piratebox hompage and flashing of lights from the router should be stopped, but it is taking so much time and the router is still blinking. i have a telnet access and i was also able to ping 192.168.1.1 as you can see in the screenshot. Where did i go wrong and what should i try next?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Tp link mr3020 got bricked during firmware upgrade
July 10, 2017 07:08AM
Hi,
if it continues blinking (which leds are blinking?) the installation might be hanging in a weird situation.

Can you post (via pastbin) the content of the install.log file?
This logfile is located at your usbstick.

best regards
Matthias
July 10, 2017 08:03AM
wps/reset and wifi leds.
I actually formatted my usb, but when i plugged my usb for 10 minutes i got this log file

[pastebin.com]
July 11, 2017 04:36AM
Hi,
did you make sure the install folder is directly on the USB stick?
It must be a structure like
<USB>/install/
<USB>/install/...some files...
<USB>/install/cache
<USB>/install/cache/...some ipk files...

It seems that is wrong, because the installer can't find needed files.

best regards
Matthias
Re: Tp link mr3020 got bricked during firmware upgrade(solved)
July 11, 2017 05:57AM
Thank you sir for the advise.
I actually copied piratebox_install folder and install folder was inside it. This time i copied only install folder to the USB and it was ready in 15 minutes.
me
July 14, 2017 02:02PM
Hi

one of the children accidentally factory rest our box we brought it off someone over a market but it has erased all the pre installed apps that was on it like one bbtv were we could get all the sports channels on and all the new movies iv tryed to download it back but it will not open the file at all on the box what can i do
July 14, 2017 07:41PM
Sorry, this forum is not about kodi boxes called "piratebox"
Try to contact your onlineshop for help.
July 19, 2017 05:03AM
I have a perfect working piratebox. I also did some customizing to the landing page, but i am stuck at one point how to change the display of files to be downloaded.
Thanks in advance.
July 19, 2017 06:46PM
Hi,
you find the customization in the files HEADER.txt and README.txt at the Shared folder.
These files are copied over from /opt/piratebox/src/ folder, if a new folder is created inside Shared. If you do customization on those two files, remember to copy over your modification to /opt/piratebox/src/ later.

best regards Matthias
July 20, 2017 06:59AM
Sir,
I am not able to locate these files neither from putty nor from the USB drive, but my piratebox is working and even files can be downloaded. What to do and how to find these files so that i can customize it?
Thank you,
July 20, 2017 02:45PM
If you are running PirateBox 1.x , then these files must be there.
Please verify the piratebox version with executing the following command via putty/ssh
cat /opt/piratebox/version
Best regards
Matthias
July 20, 2017 05:59PM
Actually, it is librarybox v2.0
July 20, 2017 06:02PM
ok, this is an important fact!
LibraryBox's style for the directory listing is configured with the normal stylesheet in the content folder and the corresponding directory listing generator can be found at:
/opt/piratebox/www/dir-generator.php

best regards Matthias
July 27, 2017 07:05AM
Will it work if i create separate index.html for each folder to be downloaded with their respective js and css files because i am not able to edit dir-generator.php according to my layout
July 27, 2017 06:49PM
yes, but then it is not dynamic and you have to manually change it everytime.
I suggest to put more effort in understanding and adjusting the dir-generator.php or use some sort of different dir generator (or write it for your own).
November 08, 2017 04:40AM
My router, TP Link MR3020 got bricked during installation (it was taking so much time so I disconnected it, now I am not able to connect to the router ) I tried failsafe mode by pressing/holding wps/reset button but the led won't blink at all. The only LEDs that is showing up are of power and wps/reset button. Does this mean that my router is dead, Is there any hope, how should I connect to the router so that I can reflash the firmware to it? Please help.
Thank you.