Raspberry Pi ZERO W now with WIFI and BLUETOOTH Built on the Board

Posted by dragon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Raspberry Pi ZERO W now with WIFI and BLUETOOTH Built on the Board
March 02, 2017 12:51AM
Looks like my dream has come true and not only for making a PB

[thepihut.com]

The Raspberry Pi Zero W now has added Bluetooth and WiFi built in so no need for extra bits hanging on a USB C! Must be a perfect match for all PB builds now.

Price nor to bad at just under 10 UK Pounds for the bare bone board.
Re: Raspberry Pi ZERO W now with WIFI and BLUETOOTH Built on the Board
March 02, 2017 07:26PM
My is already on the ship smiling smiley

I'll check what changes are needed to run the PirateBox Image on that one.

Matthias
Re: Raspberry Pi ZERO W now with WIFI and BLUETOOTH Built on the Board
March 03, 2017 12:50AM
Mine is in the UK Postal System to my address in Sheffield, unfortunately I am living and working in Shanghai so will not be able to get my hands on it till July sad smiley

I will be ordering 1 a month till I have a few in stock, going to be turning all my old LCD TV screens into SMART TVs with one of these little Zero W plugged into the back running Kodi/VLC. Use the Bluetooth for the Keyboard and Mouse and the Wi-Fi for the internet, power the zero from the USB already on the back of the TV, Sound and Vision by the HDMI. I think they are going to have to make more then 25000/month to meet demand! Not forgetting 1 for a PB!!!

From what I have read the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth chip is the same as the RP3, so it will be a know quantity at least. Running the Shared Files on the SD card will make a very neat package that will run for days on a battery pack!

SO basically the cost of a functioning PB using the Zero W and a 32GB SD card will be in the 30USD ballpark! hot smiley
A useful idea, windows and pi / linux update server.
Especially handy when you need lots of Pi's to work at the same time and someone is hogging all the available bandwidth (as usual) downloading something.

Also useful when a large update shows up for Android/iOS as it takes the load off.