Multiple Request. Pirate Box Crash.

Posted by p3ent00 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Multiple Request. Pirate Box Crash.
March 28, 2017 01:43PM
I Had a issue today with my pirate box running in a TP Link MR3020 i turned the box on and allowed all my classmates to connect to it but the piratebox crashed and rebooted and when i checked the logs the dhcp server was not able to assign multiple ip's at a time. Is there a fix for This.
Re: Multiple Request. Pirate Box Crash.
March 28, 2017 07:39PM
Hi,
ok- that sounded different from what I read in a second at IRC. Thanks for posting here.

PirateBox is able to serve ~240 IPs in a 12 hour timeframe. Do your classmates count more than that?
You can decrease the time to a lower value, like 30minutes.. but it will cause more dhcp traffic.

sed -i -e 's|LEASE_DURATION=12h|LEASE_DURATION=30m|' /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf
or 1 hour.

sed -i -e 's|LEASE_DURATION=12h|LEASE_DURATION=1h|' /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf
One hour will create a refresh request by the client after 30 minutes (half of the lease time).

Are you able to get a copy of the log next time?

BTW: In the most times the router crashes more likely because of too heavy IO workload (downloading large files).

best regards
Matthias