Adding a link on homepage

Posted by demandzm 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Adding a link on homepage
April 28, 2017 03:01AM
I am trying to add a link to another offline web server to the nav bar at the top of the piratebox homepage. The problem I am having is the link tries to open under the piratebox.lan/content folder. Is there a way to do this?

I am adding the link in mnt/usbshare/share/content/index.html

Now that I think about it I am not sure piratebox would even allow the connection even if the link worked correctly. So I guess my next question is if this is even possible without too much effort? Thanks for your help.
Re: Adding a link on homepage
April 30, 2017 07:58AM
It depends where the other webserver is. Is it connected via wifi and a second client? Or is it on a different port of the piratebox machine?

If it is on a different wifi client, you need to disable the wifi-isolation . This is different for openwrt and RPi. So which version do you run?

this isolation thingy is the only restriction we put in..

best regards
Matthias
May 01, 2017 12:22AM
I am running the other webserver on a c.h.i.p, so I was going to connect via wifi, however I was going to try the Ethernet over usb feature of chip as well. I am running piratebox on a rpi3. It looks like I found how to disable wifi isolation here:
[forum.piratebox.cc]

How would I go about getting the link to work outside of piratebox.lan?
May 01, 2017 06:19AM
Hi,
no, this is not correct. I just created this HowTo for RPi based PirateBoxes.

If you want to have a name resolved to the new host, consider to:

- Configure a static IP to your CHIP (192.168.77.3)
- On PirateBox, add the following line to /opt/piratebox/conf/hosts

192.168.77.3   myotherwebserver  myotherwebserver.lan

That should work, I guess smiling smiley

best regards
Matthias
May 01, 2017 10:52PM
Ok, thank you, I will try to get this working later tonight.