How do I adjust the Board title, About, and Welcome texts?

Posted by BeastmasteR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
How do I adjust the Board title, About, and Welcome texts?
June 19, 2017 12:59AM
Greetings,

I'm new around these parts and have made it this far into the project. smiling smiley

I'm trying to edit the following, however when I modify any of the following texts where ever I can find them, I save and reload the network, but the changes wont take effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: How do I adjust the Board title, About, and Welcome texts?
June 23, 2017 05:29AM
The text of the content is ... inside the content folder eye rolling smiley tongue sticking out smiley
We are using an automatic translation via javascript, so you need to adjust the texts in there:
<usb>/PirateBox/content/locales/
or
/opt/piratebox/share/content/locales/

The PirateBox header is inside the imageboard configuration in

<usb>/PirateBox/board/config.pl
or alternatively
/opt/piratebox/share/board/config.pl

After changing the config.pl, you need to delete the index.html and open up the url with piratebox.lan/board/kareha.pl
or post something to get the corresponding page refreshed.

best regards
Matthias
June 30, 2017 07:48AM
Ah drats I deleted the index.html from the wrong directory (PirateBox\content), is there a way I can get it back the way it was?
June 30, 2017 08:06AM
You will find a copy of that file in /opt/piratebox/www_content . This is the backup directory of /opt/piratebox/www/content (PirateBox/content)

best regards
Matthias
July 29, 2017 08:46PM
Thank you for this post and follow-up. I was experiencing the same problem. I'd edit the index.html file and it'd very briefly show the new text and refresh with the original text. I've since updated the English text file in the locales folder, and removed all of the text in the index.html file so that users won't see this ghosting. It merely fills in the page semi-naturally.
July 29, 2017 09:18PM
unfortunately, this JS method is the only way to get a multi-lingual UI without an increased amount of dynamic webpages, which won't load timely on embedded devices.