Getting from Librarybox back to Piratebox

Posted by rolandksmith 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Getting from Librarybox back to Piratebox
February 02, 2014 12:06AM
The article on Library box in Make magazine caused me to buy an TL- MR3020 and go through the Librarybox install. It worked fine. However, the end state wasn't quite what I would like to have ... and it turns out that the generic Piratebox on the router would be a better situation.

Any recommendations on how to get from Librarybox back to Piratebox? I expect there are some files that need to be moved and others recovered from somewhere. I don't think it needs to be re-flashed.

I'm somewhat comfortable with the command line... Not a newby, but not an expert.

Suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!
Roland Smith
Re: Getting from Librarybox back to Piratebox
February 02, 2014 11:09AM
Hi,
the easiest way would be to make a fresh install with reflashing your device.

Matthias
February 02, 2014 03:04PM
Is there a link on how to reflash the device?
February 02, 2014 09:15PM
Yes, of course: [piratebox.aod-rpg.de]
Oliver
February 27, 2014 01:58AM
rolandksmith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The article on Library box in Make magazine caused
> me to buy an TL- MR3020 and go through the
> Librarybox install. It worked fine. However, the
> end state wasn't quite what I would like to have
> ... and it turns out that the generic Piratebox on
> the router would be a better situation.
>
> Any recommendations on how to get from Librarybox
> back to Piratebox? I expect there are some files
> that need to be moved and others recovered from
> somewhere. I don't think it needs to be
> re-flashed.
>

You might check out librarybox 2.0. There is a RC of the final code. The new version might work for you.

[librarybox.us]
Roland;
I like the Pirate/Library Box concept. With Library Box, configuration is easier. All html files are on the USB and can be easily edited to customize the look, and convey a new message. But the stock configuration of Library Box does not allow uploading of files, but it can be implemented by editing a single file via the command line and using the VI editor.

Here is a link to VI Cheat Sheet --- its a handy tool.
[www.lagmonster.org]

Mathias addressed this subject in a post in the LibraryBox Google Group. Here is the link.

[groups.google.com]

I followed these instructions and it worked flawlessly, and I built a LibraryBox for an open road rally that allows the promoters to distribute information wirelessly, and also allows the drivers to share photos and chat.

Bob Medley
October 12, 2016 06:10PM
Hello,
The PirateBox & LibraryBox project came as a life saver for me .I began using LibraryBox just a few weks ago before getting to know pirate box.I will i like too ask if these is any possible way to migratrated from an already installed LibraryBox to PirateBox in an auto installation since the OpenWrt still runs on the router (TP Link MR3020 ) without connecting LibraryBox install in usb .. Thanks in advance
October 13, 2016 04:56AM
Hi,
if you are running LibraryBox 2.1, easy:

* Power off your LibraryBox
* Take you USB stick to your computer
* Remove the install folder
* Copy over the unfolded install folder to your USB stick (take care the folders are not dublicate)
* Create a folder called "auto_flash"
* Copy the corresponding image to your device from stable.openwrt.piratebox.de into the auto_flash folder
* Savely remove the USB stick from your computer
* Put the USB stick to your LibraryBox
* Power your LibraryBox online

The device will do multiple reboots. After that it should come online as "PirateBox"

Matthias