[SETUP] Zsun WiFi Card Reader an €10 PirateBox

Posted by meduza 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
[SETUP] Zsun WiFi Card Reader an €10 PirateBox
April 22, 2016 01:15PM
Like many of us have read the article on slashdot about the Openwrt capabilities of the Zsun Wifi card Reader.
The idea of having PirateBox running on the smallest device yet made me order one from China.
After many hours of installing, troubleshooting, resetting e.d. I now have a complete working Piratebox installation.
I would like to share my installation scripts in order to let you install your own.

DISCLAIMER: NOBODY will take responsibility or be liable for anything you do to your zsun. If you brick it trying these procedures, YOU are solely responsible for your actions. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

0.Prerequisite (manual)
[*] Having a Zsun running OpenWrt. I've used the hackerspace.pl methode
[*] 1 SD card with 2 primary partitions. For the first partition I've used vfat (size:remaining), the second is ext4 (size:1Gicool smiley Setup based on link
[*] Download and extract my custum zsun install package with modified ext config
[*] Root password set
[*] Changed the default uhhtpd (LuCI) ports to 9080 and 9443
Language: HTML
vi /etc/config/uhttp /etc/init.d/uhttpd reload
[*] Get internet working on the zsun using this post. Where, other than in the sample, I placed my 'sta' iface at the end of the /etc/config/wireless config file.
Note: An additional wireless connection with your own WiFi is made in 'sta' mode. Because OpenWrt (and PirateBox) are using the IP 192.168.1.1 (sub-netmask /24) the network (WiFi) you are connecting to can't use the same sub-netmask (thanks ExpertNoob for mentioning)
[*] Verify your internet connection using
ping google.com opkg update

1.PreSetup (script)
[*] I have made an small script with the following lines
[*] make it executable and run script
mkdir /mnt/ext mkdir /mnt/usb mkdir /mnt/sda2 mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/sda2 tar -C /overlay -cvf - . | tar -C /mnt/sda2 -xf - echo check output uci add fstab mount uci set fstab.@mount[-1].target=/overlay uci set fstab.@mount[-1].device=/dev/sda2 uci set fstab.@mount[-1].fstype=ext4 uci set fstab.@mount[-1].options=rw,sync uci set fstab.@mount[-1].enabled=1 uci set fstab.@mount[-1].enabled_fsck=0 uci commit echo please reboot

2.ApplySetup (script)
[*] cd to the directory where you have moved the my custom zsun package to
cp -r ./extendRoot/etc/* /etc/ chmod o+w /etc/init.d/ext cp -r ./extendRoot/usr/* /usr/ mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/usb cp -r ./piratebox.zip/install /mnt/usb/ gzip -dc /mnt/usb/install/OpenWRT_ext4_50MB.img.gz > /mnt/usb/OpenWRT.img /etc/init.d/ext init

3.PirateboxInstall (script)
echo "src/gz piratebox http://stable.openwrt.piratebox.de/all/packages" >> /etc/opkg.conf sed ';s|option check_signature 1||g'; -i /etc/opkg.conf ln -s /etc /mnt/ext/ ln -s /lib /mnt/ext/ ln -s /tmp /mnt/ext/ ln -s /usr /mnt/ext/ opkg update opkg -d ext install piratebox

4.PirateboxInstall (manual)
## After firewall configuration network has been disconnected. ## Set fixed ip on client pc and finish install ## IP:192.168.1.2 GW:192.168.1.1 /etc/init.d/piratebox init   ## post piratebox install config date ## adjust if needed date YYYYMMDDHHMM ## install timesave /opt/piratebox/bin/timesave.sh /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf install /etc/init.d/piratebox timesave   ## getting shoutbox working chmod a+w /opt/piratebox/share/tmp   /etc/init.d/piratebox start /etc/init.d/piratebox enable   ## Install minidlna opkg update opkg -d ext install minidlna ## setup minidlna cp /opt/piratebox/src/openwrt.example.minidlna /mnt/ext/etc/config/minidlna /etc/init.d/minidlna start /etc/init.d/minidlna enable   ## Install imageboard ## I have got some errors during install of piratebox-mod-imageboard ## Errors like "* extract_archive: Cannot make dir /mnt/ext/usr/lib/perl5/5.20/: Too many levels of symbolic links." ## First installing perl separate opkg install --force-reinstall perl perlbase-base perlbase-cgi perlbase-essential perlbase-file perlbase-bytes perlbase-config perlbase-data perlbase-db-file perlbase-digest perlbase-encode perlbase-encoding perlbase-fcntl perlbase-gdbm-file perlbase-integer perlbase-socket perlbase-time perlbase-unicode perlbase-unicore perlbase-utf8 perlbase-xsloader   ## Then imageboard opkg -d ext install piratebox-mod-imageboard   ## post install config imageboard /opt/piratebox/bin/board-autoconf.sh ## verify passwords cat /opt/piratebox/www/board/config.pl   ## Turn of the internet connection ## add option disabled ';1'; vi /etc/config/wireless -config wifi-iface - option network ';wwan'; -.... - option disabled ';1';   ## all done, reboot reboot

That's all folks!

----
forumpost changelog:
-missing link at getting internet
-typo
-further explanation/details of getting internet ('sta' mode working)
-added 'opkg update' to script 3

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2016 09:32AM by meduza.
Re: [SETUP] Zsun WiFi Card Reader an €10 PirateBox
April 22, 2016 01:16PM
Check the Wiki OpenWRT:Zsun

TheExpertNoob
I got through all the steps successfully. Im checking all the stuff out at the moment. Check the Wiki OpenWRT:Zsun

Credits
Matthias - for the Piratebox Project.
meduza - for the majority of the scripting for the Zsun.
stylesuxx - for the wifi configuration and troubleshooting.
TheExpertNoob - for troubleshooting and the wiki guide.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2016 10:40AM by meduza.
April 23, 2016 01:03AM
meduza
[*] Get internet working on the zsun using this method
Not specific enough for the newcomers... Stepping down tutorial, report back later.
maybe just link this
also, not mentioned in that post; change the 'lan' ip to something other than your router's ip. ex. 192.168.77.1 in /etc/config/network.

PirateBox Installs:
2x Zsun's (both testing, one with serial interface)
A5-V11 (mostly for OpenWRT testing DIY)
2x RPi Zero's
(one active in car 24/7, gets a lot of hits at Walmart, movie theaters and the mall)
2x RPi3's (both home servers, one Ubuntu custom install along side a ton of other services)
1x RPi2 (currently work server)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2016 01:21AM by TheExpertNoob.
April 23, 2016 07:23AM
You're right, I forgot to insert the link to the methode i've used.
The methode is here.

note: there is no need do set a manual ip
April 23, 2016 03:17PM
meduza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> note: there is no need do set a manual ip

Unless your Gateway or sta also has a Gateway IP of 192.168.1.1 it conflicts with the LAN IP. DNS wont pass through and you have an IP conflict on a network.

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's
(one active in car 24/7, gets a lot of hits at Walmart, movie theaters and the mall)
2x RPi3's (both home servers, one Ubuntu custom install along side a ton of other services)
April 23, 2016 03:38PM
step 1 script works just fine.

step 2 script works just fine.

need an 'opkg update' here

step 3, loose connectivity as expected. However, it seems zsun also looses broadcast and I can no longer connect to it. I did end up changing my router to a GW of 192.168.0.1 with a subnet of 255.255.254.0 and not touching the network LAN IP on the zsun config.

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2016 03:58PM by TheExpertNoob.
April 23, 2016 04:08PM
Nice, but very complex for non techie users :-(

Do you like to create a https://piratebox.cc/openwrt:zsun together with ExpertNoob?

I hope to find time - someday - to finalize a "ready to go" image for the zsun *sigh*

best regards
Matthias
April 23, 2016 04:17PM
This is a good start. Found an issue however, The piratebox install script in step 3 changes the ssid of the station to "Piratebox - Share Freely" in the wireless config which is the reason for me being able to not connect after the firewall configuration. As it is trying to connect to a station called "Piratebox - Share Freely" with my stations psk password :-/
If it can't connect, it can't broadcast its SSID. A quick load up of the sd card in my linux machine fixed that. Back to Step 4, yes I did still have to set my client pc IP/GW manually.

Maybe have the piratebox script change "OpenWRT" to "Piratebox - Share Freely" instead of what ever its doing to change the sta SSID?

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2016 04:55PM by TheExpertNoob.
April 23, 2016 04:24PM
/etc/init.d/piratebox init /etc/init.d/piratebox: Creating piratebox loop image... uci: Parse error (EOF with unterminated ';) at line 25, byte 25

And this is where it goes to die. :-(
Which is why we need a prebuilt (at least an ext image for sda2) that doesn't require some sort of station(internet) access for setup.

I'm going for reset and try one more time.

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2016 04:27PM by TheExpertNoob.
April 23, 2016 04:46PM
The STA & PirateBox-SSID issue will be fixed with the next version of PirateBox. On 1.1. we will change it to a consisten AP configuration...
April 23, 2016 05:57PM
Second Run Step 4:
root@piratebox:~# /etc/init.d/piratebox init /etc/init.d/piratebox: Creating piratebox loop image... /etc/rc.common: line 144: losetup: not found

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's
April 23, 2016 08:24PM
I have looked at my putty log file. I did also got the losetup error.
What I did was an extra (right after the first)
root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/piratebox init
No errors follow so I assumed it was en hickup and I finished with:
root@OpenWrt:~# /etc/init.d/piratebox start -------------- Initialize PirateBoxScripts ----------- Starting initialize PirateBox Part2.. Distribute HEADER.txt into /opt/piratebox/share/Shared Distribute README.txt into /opt/piratebox/share/Shared Starting script piratebox Generating hosts file .... Generating dnsmasq.conf ..... Generating Environment-config for lighttpd ..... Empty tmp folder rm: ';/opt/piratebox/tmp'; is a directory Copy over design files Starting dnsmasq... 0 Starting droopy... 0 Generated HTML-Shoutbox File. Generated HTML-DiskUsage File. Starting lighttpd... 0 root@OpenWrt:~#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2016 09:22PM by meduza.
April 23, 2016 08:40PM
Matthias
Do you like to create a [piratebox.cc] together with ExpertNoob?
I'm honored to do. @TheExpertNoob join forces and write one? PM?
April 24, 2016 12:42PM
Id love to! Lets get some bugs worked out first. Maybe a few more verifications from other zsun owners? I know user alu in IRC has been itching.

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's
April 24, 2016 02:29PM
End of step 2 calls for:
source /etc/profile
Is this needed? As I did it.

Im getting a slew of errors while installing piratebox at the end of step 3. Is this normal?

grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/terminfo.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/terminfo.list';: No such file or directory Configuring libpthread. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/libpthread.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/libpthread.list';: No such file or directory Configuring zlib. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/zlib.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/zlib.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-base. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-base.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-base.list';: No such file or directory Configuring libffi. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/libffi.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/libffi.list';: No such file or directory Configuring libbz2. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/libbz2.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/libbz2.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-light. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-light.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-light.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-codecs. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-codecs.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-codecs.list';: No such file or directory Configuring libopenssl. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/libopenssl.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/libopenssl.list';: No such file or directory Configuring libpcre. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/libpcre.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/libpcre.list';: No such file or directory Configuring lighttpd. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/lighttpd.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/lighttpd.list';: No such file or directory Configuring lighttpd-mod-cgi. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/lighttpd-mod-cgi.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/lighttpd-mod-cgi.list';: No such file or directory Configuring lighttpd-mod-setenv. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/lighttpd-mod-setenv.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/lighttpd-mod-setenv.list';: No such file or directory Configuring libxml2. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/libxml2.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/libxml2.list';: No such file or directory Configuring libdb47. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/libdb47.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/libdb47.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-db. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-db.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-db.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-decimal. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-decimal.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-decimal.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-distutils. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-distutils.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-distutils.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-pydoc. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-pydoc.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-pydoc.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-compiler. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-compiler.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-compiler.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-ctypes. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-ctypes.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-ctypes.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-email. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-email.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-email.list';: No such file or directory Configuring libgdbm. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/libgdbm.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/libgdbm.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-gdbm. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-gdbm.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-gdbm.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-logging. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-logging.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-logging.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-multiprocessing. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-multiprocessing.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-multiprocessing.list';: No such file or directory Configuring libncurses. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/libncurses.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/libncurses.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-ncurses. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-ncurses.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-ncurses.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-openssl. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-openssl.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-openssl.list';: No such file or directory Configuring libsqlite3. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/libsqlite3.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/libsqlite3.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-sqlite3. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-sqlite3.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-sqlite3.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-unittest. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-unittest.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-unittest.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python-xml. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python-xml.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python-xml.list';: No such file or directory Configuring python. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/python.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/python.list';: No such file or directory Configuring lighttpd-mod-alias. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/lighttpd-mod-alias.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/lighttpd-mod-alias.list';: No such file or directory Configuring lighttpd-mod-redirect. grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/lighttpd-mod-redirect.control: No such file or directory cat: can';t open ';/usr/lib/opkg/info/lighttpd-mod-redirect.list';: No such file or directory

Also, I think I figured out some of my errors in step 4 on previous runs, Since I was having disconnect issues due to wireless settings changing, I was yanking the zsun after the firewall configuration... and before the piratebox loop image was set. :-/ So let that run...

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2016 03:05PM by TheExpertNoob.
April 24, 2016 03:19PM
TheExpertNoob
Id love to! Lets get some bugs worked out first. Maybe a few more verifications from other zsun owners? I know user alu in IRC has been itching.
Of course >grinning smiley<

TheExpertNoob
End of step 2 calls for:
source /etc/profile
Is this needed? As I did it.
I also did it, it was for free winking smiley

TheExpertNoob
Im getting a slew of errors while installing piratebox at the end of step 3. Is this normal?

No it's not but I have seen them to. The missing *.control and *.list file are not located at '/usr/lib/opkg/info/' where the install script is looking for. these are at '/mnt/ext/usr/lib/opkg/info/'. I solved it by sym-linking the /usr to /mnt/ext/ (middle part of step 3.)
Did you made the sym-links?

TheExpertNoob
However now that I have had my Router GW and Subnet changed, im not getting a disconnect anymore. :-D

Great, keep me/us posted!
April 24, 2016 03:40PM
symlinks are in the scripts but maybe I missed an error or something didn't stick?, which may be why lighttpd isnt starting when piratebox starts. confused smiley

Resetting for like the 6th time....Last time for today... I've also STARTED on the wiki page.

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2016 03:51PM by TheExpertNoob.
April 24, 2016 07:10PM
stepped through step 3 manually and got this.
root@OpenWrt:/mnt/sda1/zsun# ln -s /usr /mnt/ext/ ln: /mnt/ext/usr: File exists

a few directories inside, otherwise empty; maybe remove it in the step 3 script?

rmdir /mnt/ext/usr

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2016 07:13PM by TheExpertNoob.
April 24, 2016 07:59PM
Soooooo close... Now this...
root@OpenWrt:~# opkg -d ext install piratebox-mod-imageboard Installing piratebox-mod-imageboard (0.1.3-1) to ext... Downloading http://stable.openwrt.piratebox.de/all/packages/piratebox-mod-imageboard_0.1.3-1_all.ipk. Collected errors: * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for piratebox-mod-imageboard: * libc * libc * * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package piratebox-mod-imageboard.

fix
cd /tmp wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calmer/15.05/ar71xx/generic/packages/base/libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk opkg -d ext install libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
then install the imageboard again.

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2016 08:51PM by TheExpertNoob.
April 24, 2016 09:06PM
I guess that's the right one. But i don't understand why opkg didn't auto installed it.
You do have the default servers configured in the opkg.conf file? Maybe the packages server momentarily offline!?

offtopic: how do i co-edit the wiki?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2016 09:08PM by meduza.
April 24, 2016 09:17PM
I got through all the steps successfully. Im checking all the stuff out at the moment. Check the Wiki.
OpenWRT:Zsun

meduza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> offtopic: how do i co-edit the wiki?

Get Matthias to set up an account for you. Its done however.

I guess its something in the latest Packages file was messed up. The Repository was online and it updated packages just fine. They may be doing updates currently?

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2016 09:19PM by TheExpertNoob.
April 24, 2016 09:22PM
hmm... after looking into this in detail, are the OpenWRT.img and OpenWRT_ext4.img just empty containers that piratebox is installed in? Why not just dump Piratebox.img into /dev/sda2/upper/opt/piratebox? Then make /dev/sda1 the /mnt/usb partition. Is it just how the piratebox script and configs are built? Can thumb drives be partitioned like sdcards?

Im still new to the OpenWRT side of things.

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2016 12:41AM by TheExpertNoob.
April 25, 2016 10:18AM
TheExpertNoob
I got through all the steps successfully. Im > checking all the stuff out at the moment. Check the Wiki. OpenWRT:Zsun
Great to hear that my setup is working for others (still n=1, but that doesn't spoil the fun) and thanks for making the Wiki, pretty awesome.

I would like to see some changes in the Wiki, I will PM them to you.

TheExpertNoob
Why not just dump Piratebox.img into /dev/sda2/upper/opt/piratebox? Then make /dev/sda1 the /mnt/usb partition.
I don't think that's going to work. At least one package needs to be on a case sensitive file system. Like you have mentioned, placing the vfat on sda1 for windows readability has the downside that the piratebox install scripts not working.
Maybe swapping sda1(to ext4) and sda2(to vfat) and take the windows readability for granted?
April 25, 2016 04:20PM
When I'm back home and not around these EAP wifi nodes:

I am going to try and just extract the current Piratebox to /opt/piratebox and install, following the OLD OLD manual method(Readme.txt). I think the issues I was having before were because my wireless config was getting messed up from the Piratebox Scripts and I did not realize this before and couldn't reconnect back to the zsun.

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2016 04:22PM by TheExpertNoob.
April 26, 2016 05:49AM
Thanks for the nice howto!
I started to review it and see if we can adapt things in stock piratebox or improve stuff in the zsun scripts.

I believe, you can leave out the cache folder completly. Also the openwrt.img file you are using is something what you can download from downloads.piratebox.de .. if the domain is online again.

I'll continue digging into the scripts as soon as I have time.

thank you alot for your work,
best regards
Matthias smoking smiley
April 26, 2016 09:35AM
My initial goal was to have a complete offline install of PirateBox, thus without having to configure a wwan WiFi.
With all the dependencies needed is let that tough go. The cache folder and the 'openwrt.img' are the leftovers from my first experiments. I shall take a look at my custom package and clean it up.

Do you have a suggestion to install the (default openwrt) extendRoot packages without running the postinstall script.
I would like to edit the ext.conf file from sda1 to sta2 before the running the '/etc/init.d/ext init'.
April 26, 2016 09:39AM

Do you have a suggestion to install the (default openwrt) extendRoot packages without running the postinstall script.
I would like to edit the ext.conf file from sda1 to sta2 before the running the '/etc/init.d/ext init'.
You are using one partition on the SD-Card like the loop-back mountpoint, am I correct?
I need to check how it can be optimized. I mostly used real overlayfs, which only needed extendRoot installed, but not initialized. You would find a howto at piratebox.aod-rpg.de for the VoCore.. which works like this. (piratebox.aod-rpg.de is just down).

The other proposal is to change the manual vi editing in /etc/config with proper UCI commands. I need to digg a bit more into this before coming around with good suggestions. I only had a quick look this morning.

best regards Matthias
April 26, 2016 01:50PM
Hey meduza, we could probably just omit the entire vfat partition and make the entire sdcard ext4 on sda1 because this method doesn't really implement the vfat partition. Which means we have to change all instances of sda2 to sda1 in the scripts, such as Presetup in step 1.

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's
April 26, 2016 01:57PM
Matthias, Is there a way to install Piratebox without extendRoot or at least the loops? As this method currently exists. We are creating our own /Overlayfs on sda (step 1) instead of the mmcblk0p3... and then creating a loop1 in which piratebox runs from inside of mounted to /opt/piratebox (piratebox_img im presuming).

Ive downloaded the latest webserver and copied it manually to /opt/piratebox. linked the init.d/piratebox however when I run piratebox init or start I immediately get an error about not finding ". /lib/lsb/init-functions" as that is debian based... so how is this all working?

PirateBox Installs:
2x RPi Zero's
April 26, 2016 03:10PM
You can get rid of the extendRoot fs which you address with "-d ext", which can be done with some configuration changes. The extendRoot package should be installed for easier configuration.

But you can't get rid of the opt/piratebox loop-fs. :-(