Getting Started With a Development Device?

Posted by mcfate 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Getting Started With a Development Device?
November 18, 2014 03:53PM
Hello, all —

I successfully got my TL-MR3040 running PirateBox 1.0 on Saturday, and have showed it off a couple of places already. People were much impressed.

I've been satisfying myself that I can build various versions of OpenWrt in various development environments, see [www.acme-dot.com], but I want to be able to work closer to the "bleeding edge" on PirateBox.

I've gone ahead and ordered a second TL-MR3040 which should arrive shortly, and I wanted to check on the best way to set it up with the latest stuff would be something like what Matthias has written up here: [piratebox.cc]

Is there any better guide to initially setting up a "HEAD revision" target device? I'm willing to put something together if I can get a (very) basic outline.
Re: Getting Started With a Development Device?
November 18, 2014 04:13PM
Duh, never mind. It's only eight in the morning, I need more coffee.

STEP ONE: DOWNLOAD THE APPROPRIATE OPENWRT IMAGE FOR YOUR DEVICE AND INSTALL.ZIP FROM [development.piratebox.de]

STEP TWO: DO THIS TO UPGRADE THE OPENWRT: [wiki.openwrt.org]

STEP THREE: POWER OFF THE DEVICE. PUT THE USB STICK WITH THE NEW "install" DIRECTORY INTO THE SLOT, AND POWER UP THE DEVICE. WAIT.

STEP FOUR: DO THE NORMAL (?) POST-INSTALL

Does that seem about right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 04:19PM by mcfate.