Meshing and connecting with other Pirateboxes, sharing data.

Posted by makeworld 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Meshing and connecting with other Pirateboxes, sharing data.
February 07, 2019 02:50AM
Hello!

The PirateBox is a project I've been following and it interests me a lot, as does a lot of offline, self-server kind of stuff. I noticed a Gnutella thread and an IPFS thread here, and I know that there is work being done to share files among Pirateboxes using Forban.

My tech interests have lead me to the mesh community, and I am a member of Toronto Mesh, a volunteer group of hackers and tinkerers. We have some code which meshes Raspberry Pis or other single board computers, and allows them to share files, through regular means or in a decentralized way with IPFS. I feel like we could both learn a lot from each other, and that our mesh code could provide some solutions to the idea of Piratebox meshing and sharing.

If this interests you, please take a look at the repo, our website, and drop by our matrix chatroom, in our main or Software channels. I would love to hear from you guys! We can talk a bit in this thread as well, but you'll be able to talk to everyone if you go on the chatroom.

What do you all think?
Re: Meshing and connecting with other Pirateboxes, sharing data.
March 05, 2019 12:20AM
Just going to bump this. I'd love to talk to Matthias about this if I could.