Package repository for PirateBox?

Posted by Matthias 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Package repository for PirateBox?
May 03, 2012 05:15AM
In another thread the idea came up to create an own package repository for PirateBox.

This has the following advantages:
* Distribute the own libary, modules and image -> no kernel dependency errors anymore
* Easy Update PirateBox package

This has the following disadvantages:
* work for creating it
* work keeping it up-to-date WITH the recreating firmwares
* work Build new stuff for other plattforms regulary
* Server Disc&CPU and Traffic

I'm not really sure about it.. but I'm not so happy about it sad smiley

What do you think?
Re: Package repository for PirateBox?
May 03, 2012 05:06PM
I agree, the github model works well, although we may want to make a community out of piratebox so we can again try and make it less confusing for people. The repo just isn't easy enough for us to roll out quickly, but I have 2 years of webhosting with unlimited CPU and bandwidth if it ever does come up that someone wants to maintain one.
May 05, 2012 08:02AM
I want the domain piratebox.net but it is registered already sad smiley

A good community page would be nice winking smiley but I don't have time and skill creating nice webpages sad smiley

Github is a good source-repository and a good ticket system with wiki pages. That's all about it. (That reminds me of changing the readme files on PirateBoxScripts repository).
May 05, 2012 09:56AM
What about using Google Sites? they give you tons of "Free" Space and designing simple sites which provide information is pretty simple.

nothing to see here, no longer here.
May 05, 2012 04:16PM
I think pabell might have the right idea, but maybe we should use a google code project?
May 05, 2012 10:46PM
Do you think this is a good alternative?
Why? Where are the advantages of host it on google?
(I have no informations about it)
May 19, 2012 03:24PM
Goddamn
look at this thread OpenWRT lighttpd package

... this makes this topic here even more actual
May 19, 2012 06:02PM
I'm checking what should have to be done for generating such a package repository
May 20, 2012 01:55AM
Matthias,
This is the second time the Openwrt repository just deleted a file. The file in the original wiki went missing for a few days, then came back, then disappeared etc. Frustrating. How much space on a server is required to host all of the repositories?

May 20, 2012 05:41AM
I need to check that.
Maybe I can provide this feature on a running MR3020 in my homelan winking smiley .. TerrorByte already mentioned, that he has a sufficient amount of webspace too.

But I need to make a clean compile of the trunk version, that the kernel & additional packages have the correct and same version.
We will see smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2012 05:47AM by Matthias.
May 20, 2012 05:20PM
Building trunk failed 3 times today with different errors..... will retry with tomorrow's trunk.. sad smiley
May 21, 2012 03:11PM
This is super odd, I don't understand how they managed to do that....
May 21, 2012 08:09PM
(for testing) I mirrored today the complete stable build and it is around 280MB.
just for info
May 23, 2012 05:26PM
After increasing build-hard-disc-space up to 22GB .. hard disc space is not the problem anymore.. now I'm getting the following error.. I think I have to open a ticket on developer.openwrt.org -.-

make[5]: Entering directory `/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/cwiid-0.6.00/wminput'
mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc-gcc -o wminput main.o conf.o c_plugin.o uinput.o action_enum.o util.o parser.o lexer.o -L/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib -L/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib -L/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/usr/lib -L/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib -L../libcwiid/ -lcwiid -ldl -lbluetooth
/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib/gcc/mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.6.3/../../../../mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: main.o: undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_create'
/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib/gcc/mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/4.6.3/../../../../mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_create' is defined in DSO /mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/bin/../../../toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/staging_dir/toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/mips-openwrt-linux-uclibc/bin/../../../toolchain-mips_r2_gcc-4.6-linaro_uClibc-0.9.33.2/lib/libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [wminput] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/cwiid-0.6.00/wminput'
make[4]: *** [wminput] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory `/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/cwiid-0.6.00'
make[3]: *** [/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/build_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/cwiid-0.6.00/.built] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/feeds/packages/utils/cwiid'
make[2]: *** [package/feeds/packages/cwiid/compile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk'
make[1]: *** [/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk/staging_dir/target-mips_r2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/stamp/.package_compile] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/openwrt-dev/trunk'
make: *** [world] Fehler 2

May 25, 2012 07:23PM
Error leaving directory...... lol I would say you have to too xD
May 25, 2012 09:53PM
more errors like this:
main.o: undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_create'
libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation

but yes.. I'm going to do in the next days
June 12, 2012 08:44PM
[www.ccl.net]
[www.apt-get.org]
[www.debian-administration.org]

I'm thinking we could do a package repo... We also need to get into IRC at the same time and discuss what the plans are for getting a centralized website up.
June 12, 2012 09:51PM
what no one uses skype any more smiling smiley

June 12, 2012 10:40PM
I avoid it lol, I'm always in tor or VPN so skype would bog me down. Plus I'm always busy and I can bring IRC with me easily.
June 12, 2012 10:49PM
Lol,
Ok

June 13, 2012 05:33AM
Hi,
I emailed Cale today because of a domain.
The basic compile for the repository is done- I have to test it with on of my boxes (Work the new images well, does it use my repository).

Today's evening GMT+2 19'oclock I have to to chat.

Matthias
August 06, 2012 08:11PM
Hi,
built and installed packages from self-built trunk source. Changed default repository-path in image so it installed from the source directly.

.. have to check how to include the piratebox-packages into the Package-List

Matthias
October 03, 2012 04:40PM
Hi guys,
because of the problematic OpenWRT side, I uploaded my current repository build of sources a few month old (but running).
It does not include the piratebox package itself, but will suffice for the normal install.

[stable.openwrt.piratebox.de]

You need to edit the opkg.conf file

# nano /etc/opkg.conf

exchange the URL in the first line into the following

Language: PHP
src/gz attitude_adjustment http://stable.openwrt.piratebox.de/ar71xx/packages

BTW: The image laying in [stable.openwrt.piratebox.de] contains the correct reference to the piratebox-openwrt-repository

Matthias