Android PirateBox Future

Posted by TerrorByte 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Android PirateBox Future
June 12, 2012 02:41PM
I haven't seen much news about Android version of PirateBox lately so I decided I'd provide some update. I am bringing someone on who has experience with android and can maybe get a full force version of PirateBox (Webserver even?) running using the Access Point broadcast ability of most android phones. Hopefully we can even get a full App on the Google Play store! I'll keep everyone updated.
Re: Android PirateBox Future
June 12, 2012 07:46PM
I'm starting work on a PirateBox for Android. I haven't decided whether it will be more practical to rewrite or port the application. Right now I'm reading up on certain features included in the SDK as well overlooking the PirateBox source. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted, and upload the source to my github.

I am aware there is a makeshift PirateBox out there for Android based on the PAW server however this makes use of multiple applications to get the job done and doesn't include as many features as it could. With the development of PirateBox portable you wouldn't need to open multiple apps for the program to work, instead the wifi tether, and server would all be hosted within the same app.

- Need name suggestions:
* Possibilities: PirateBox Portable
- Possible Features:
* Bluetooth access and configuration
* Wifi HotSpot access and configuration
* File Transfers via HTTP
* File Transfer via FTP
* Chat - Possibly with the ability to see a certain number of previous messages.

Let me know what you think!
October 19, 2012 07:15AM
Sounds smashing, I would love to hear more on this app (hopefully it works with gingerbread) so I can finish my port of tiddlewiki to piratebox.
May 29, 2013 09:12PM
This would be amazing if someone was still working on it. I've been trying to get pirate box to run with Paws on my Galaxy Note 2 with jelly bean but it doesn't want to work properly. A prebuilt app that had everything packaged together would be awesome!
October 28, 2013 06:42PM
Hi,

uups ... somehow missed this thread.
I posted a topic about my Android development called PirateBox on Android in the general section of the forum.

Here is the link to the blog post which describes the current state:
http://fun2code-blog.blogspot.de/2013/10/piratebox-reloaded.html

Bye
Jochen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2013 08:25PM by joschi70.