Can we have Digital Media Server support for piratebox?

Posted by mofosyne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Can we have Digital Media Server support for piratebox?
September 14, 2012 03:07PM
It would be nice if we could tap into the piratebox as if it was a media server as well. The standards is shown here [en.wikipedia.org]

With DLNA standards, I would be able to use my android phone and access the songlist without needing to download each song individually.

I think this would be very useful for a piratebox to have. It might be as easy as spawning an extra daemon service. Essentally what I would like, is for piratebox to also support NAS mode.
Re: Can we have Digital Media Server support for piratebox?
September 14, 2012 06:40PM
it is on my todo list to add an install option for that. David already tried it on a openwrt device
further reading: [wiki.openwrt.org]
September 15, 2012 10:26AM
did it work for david? I wonder if it would interfere with the piratebox daemond.

Also whats left to do before you can tackle this?
September 15, 2012 01:37PM
Yes, it worked for David.
The only thing todo is writing a small installer and a default-config file, that the piratebox-people can use it easily.
November 11, 2012 02:50PM
I'm definitely thinking of trying to do the steps in the link Matthias provided above. This is something I would to have on my device!
November 14, 2012 04:28PM
I was interested in trying this as well. I had some problems with the package in the link above...i thought i changed my config file to point to the right repository to get it, but had issues when i tried to install. I may give it another shot today and try to get some board help with the error msgs....
December 01, 2012 12:12PM
Whats the error msg like? Did you have any futher luck?