Current Custom_image status

Posted by Matthias 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Current Custom_image status
May 28, 2013 07:59PM
Hi PirateBox-Fans,
I know, that the current image is out-of-date, because of this I started to work on new ones. Finally we encountered troubles with the WR703N, so the work staled.

I restarted my work today with the OpenWRT-ImageBuilder and the first image version runs on my TL-MR3020 , so I can release new custom image... specially for:

* TP-Link TL-MR3020
* TP-Link TL-MR3040
* TP-Link TL-WR703N

As usually, I'm creating scripts for that and I will publish those soon. Finally tests are running.
The nice part is, that the imagebuilder-stuff can easily used to place custom files... like special (pre-)configuration.
And the other nice part, that using my custom image stills enables you to use the normal OpenWRT repository for packages. So stable.piratebox.de will be reduced to a minimum soon.

edit: It is based on the latest OpenWRT Release, AttitudeAdjustment, which is confirmed as working for nearly all devices.
You don't need the custom image for Piratebox, because you can still use the stock image. It only makes things easier because of built-in USB-Stick support and you have more freespace on the router for additional stuff.

PS: I removed nano.

So please stay tuned.

Matthias

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2013 05:41AM by Matthias.
Re: Current Custom_image status
May 28, 2013 08:54PM
Image auto-generation for ar71xx arch works like a charm automatically now.
Source published: [github.com]