I found a droopy bug.

Posted by SuriRaven 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
I found a droopy bug.
August 24, 2013 10:44PM
I don't have the code right now, so I can't give a line number. It's very easy to find though.

During initialisation, Droopy attempts to read the 'HOME' environment variable to get the user's home directory. This is very well if you are starting it manually - but if it is being run by startup scripts, 'HOME' might not be set.

This results in Droopy crashing nastily.

Trivial to fix, once you know it's in there! I don't know any Python at all myself (I'm a perl birdy), but I tried just replacing the query with a hard-coded path to a suitable directory and it worked fine.

To reproduce, just put '/etc/init.d/piratebox start' in your rc.local or symlink it from the appropriate rc folder. Everything else starts, Droopy doesn't. 2> to a log file records the error message revealing the exact cause.
Re: I found a droopy bug.
August 26, 2013 02:21PM
Hi,
thanks, this bug discovered TerrorByte a few month ago and already applied a small fix which reads some stuff from a library.

[github.com]

I don't know If there is a easier solution for that, but that worked out.

Matthias