[1.0] [Beta] Version 1.0.0-beta3 release

Posted by Matthias 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
[1.0] [Beta] Version 1.0.0-beta3 release
September 18, 2013 07:35PM
Ok guy, It took some time, but finally I was able to push some code together and upload the beta3 version.

Here the Changelog

=== 1.0.0 beta3 ===

* [Fix] Timesave script does not contain parts for OpenWRT anymore
* [Fix] Timesave-file location is now configured in piratebox.conf
* [Fix] Fix in Changing hostname functionality
* [New] Hostname changing generates the redirect.html now based on a Schema file
* [New] Added JSON Mime-Type
* [Fix] Enable unescaped blanks in Upload-Folder

I also created a new package for openwrt 1.0.0-7 , which includes the needed scripts to install timesave functionality.
For now, you have to call
/etc/init.d/piratebox timesave
instead of /opt/piratebox/bin/timesave.sh

On my ToDo List for beta4 is:

* Add a "piratebox" Tag in server-header.tag , that you can verify with some app, that you have a piratebox in front of
* Other things we don't know yet.

As usually, you can find the uploaded stuff in beta.piratebox.de.

How to upgrade /opt/piratebox on beta2 installations? (That won't include the new timesave scripts)

Update PirateBox-OpenWRT-Package:

* Reconfigure your network (don't forget piratebox nodns) that your box is able to download stuff from the internet
* run
opkg update 
opkg -d ext install  piratebox
Let's see if that works winking smiley

Any other tipps and tricks you can find in the initial beta1.0.0 thread.
And please don't forget to have a look here PirateBox 1.0 perparations where you can support us or contribute.

Please don't forget to post your test-results!

Thanks,
regards Matthias

This is only my signature.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2013 07:41PM by Matthias.
Re: [1.0] [Beta] Version 1.0.0-beta3 release
October 24, 2013 08:42AM
Hi, realky excited about this release and was wondering how things were coming along?... Wish I had the skills to assist. Or the time to learn
Re: [1.0] [Beta] Version 1.0.0-beta3 release
October 24, 2013 08:17PM
Hi damavox,
I received nearly no feedback about 1.0 testing.
The todo-list of non-coding stuff is endless, started working on a release-plattform and before I can release it, I have to do 2 small additions/code changes... So the end is near but not in range yet

Matthias
I just noticed when I was trying to update this beta had been posted. I wiped everything and installed. Had a little trouble at first because it was complaining about the kernel version. I was on the old 031912 firmware version. It had been a while.

Got it updated and installed from scratch without a problem. let you know if I find anything wrong.