NetworkManager is not running

Posted by DredBC 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
NetworkManager is not running
February 11, 2014 04:29PM
Hey everyone,

I hope this is the right place for this post. I'm having a hard time using PirateBoxLive from a USB. All went well with creating the drive and getting it to boot. My issue occurs after I've started piratebox. Before starting PirateBox my wireless card works fine but after starting PirateBox it goes out and I get "NetworkManager is not running" as a message.

I'm honstely beginner level at this, I've been building and working on electronics projects for years but I've mostly stayed on the analog realm. There is a learning curve between analog electronics and digital/software. smiling smiley I hope you can be patient with me here.

Im trying this on my Vaio. I'm not sure how to get the wireless card info. I'm also a begginer ubuntu user.

Can someone please guide me through getting this to work correctly? I would very much appreciate it.

My other question is, can piratebox simply be installed within my existing ubuntu set up? And how can I go through with this if so.

Thanks much and any help is appreciated. Very excited about this project, been looking for something to bridge my interests in electronics with my interests in computers and this looks very good. smiling smiley

-Dred

EDIT: Found out how to get my wireless card info and it is the following

Pro'Wireless 3945ABG [Golan]

Let me know what other info is necessary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2014 08:18PM by DredBC.
Re: NetworkManager is not running
February 13, 2014 05:36PM
Hi,
yes the network manager should be disabled when you start the piratebox, because it interferes with the configuration made by the PirateBox scripts.

Yes PirateBox can be installed on a ubuntu, but here are the same things about network manager, then I just mentioned.

Did I miss some other question?

Matthias
Re: NetworkManager is not running
March 17, 2015 07:35AM
Hi friend,
I am a new member!
Nice to meet you!!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Things remembered coupon 25% | Groupon 20% off|zenni optical promo code 2015