Setup Problems

Posted by StuW 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Setup Problems
June 14, 2014 06:46PM
Hi

I've just tried installing a second time but keep having the same problem. I boot up off the SD card but The LAN never starts up so cant do anything. Plugging in a tv shows it booted up fine in every other way. Running the commands with a plugged in keyboard get me set up ok, but the SSH server never starts meaning I can't do any subsequent configuration without plugging in a TV and keyboard.

Revision 1 Pi, 256Mb, Netgear WN111v2 (works fine after config) wifi pen.
Re: Setup Problems
June 14, 2014 11:13PM
Hi,
did you connect the RPi to your home router or to a normal computer with the wired ethernet?

Matthias
June 15, 2014 11:22AM
The current connection is Pi->WRT54GS (in repeater mode)->Virgin Media Router/Hub.
June 15, 2014 09:00PM
so you connected the RPi via wired ethernet to your WRT54GS?
Do other devices work directly with this setup?
June 18, 2014 02:58PM
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes it's wired to the WRT54GS and the TV / Rasbmc PI box / PS3 all work fine wired.
June 21, 2014 09:08PM
did you change something in the configuration?
Can you reach other services on the box, like http ?

This is only my signature.
June 22, 2014 12:04PM
Matthias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> did you change something in the configuration?
> Can you reach other services on the box, like http
> ?

Nothing has been changed. I wrote the image to the card and booted. Once booted I enabled and started the Piratebox service (using a tv, as LAN doesn't start up) which then made the wifi AP visible and I can access the Http server and up/download as normal but nothing else.

I'll do some more investigation when I get a free moment (I'm fairly competent with Linux).