How to open port 8080 ?

Posted by munge 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
How to open port 8080 ?
August 22, 2015 07:36PM
How do I open port 8080 because my file upload does not work and reports ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Re: How to open port 8080 ?
August 22, 2015 09:05PM
Hi,
I just saw your posts and discovered that there is an issue with the startup of droopy.
During the last release, in the file /opt/piratebox/init.d/piratebox is an unwanted linebreak in the command line.

The position looks like:

start-stop-daemon $DROOPY_USER -m --start --background  --pidfile $PIDFILE_DROOPY --exec $PIRATEBOX/bin/droopy -- -d "$UPLOADFOLDER" -m "$DROOPY_TXT" --chmod $DROOPY_CHMOD $DROOPY_USERDIR
$DROOPY_PORT

But should be
start-stop-daemon $DROOPY_USER -m --start --background  --pidfile $PIDFILE_DROOPY --exec $PIRATEBOX/bin/droopy -- -d "$UPLOADFOLDER" -m "$DROOPY_TXT" --chmod $DROOPY_CHMOD $DROOPY_USERDIR $DROOPY_PORT

You need to edit the named file above and change it. I'll prepare a fix for that asap.

best regards
Matthias
August 23, 2015 12:39AM
Thanks now it's working
Re: How to open
December 06, 2016 12:22PM
I am Having ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED problem in My Pc.
December 07, 2016 09:04AM
Here’s the mail I got recently when I get this problem again
I received the same msg ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and was blocked from doing any searches.
(But I could listen to and watch Youtube videos!)
I don't know what your computer said, but I am running Google Chrome on windows 7 and above the message it said to:
1) Click on the Chrome Menu (the 2 bars in upper right hand corner of the Google Home page.
2) go to Settings > then "show advanced setting"
3) click Change proxy settings

4) click LAN Settings
5) UNclick "use a proxy server for your LAN"
Was still getting ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Then closed all windows and programs
REBOOTED PC
Now, everything is fine! (REBOOTING (RESET) IS A NUISANCE, BUT IT HELPS)
I hope this info helps you.
http://www.deskdecode.com/err_connection_refused/